Neo

The Official 1B WW Thread

Gandalf is probably the most popular of the Lord of the Rings characters. Legolas who was also popular will also be appearing in The Hobbit.

Gandalf will only be in the first half... he leave the adventure after a while in the book

. Legolas will probably come in TH2 or only for a small role in TH1.

POTC 4 was on a much smaller scale than POTC 3.

TH1 will also be less epic from LOTR.

-How do you know that? Maybe than ROTK and TTT, but maybe not so to FOTR.-

No giant ship battles or CGI creatures or anything and the ads were pretty much "Jack's back!"

At least Jack was Back.... and who is back this time? Bilbo? And TH1 will have even lesser action.... nobody wants to see a bunch of dwarves walking around and sometimes running and hiding.

-How do you know that?-

And it made 800M overseas. The Hobbit can easily do that and reach 900M

Yes it can do that. I have always said that. But it won't do 1 Billion.

well at least you admit it can reach 900m

Well my predict is 850M so it can certainly reach 900m. :)But increasing from that is going to be increasing difficult since we are pushing the saturation limits (for a typical blockbuster, not counting Avatar and Titanic). Remember, DH2 which had everything going for it, especially finale factor, could only manage 950M.

How do you know that?

Because I have read the book and there is nothing in the first half that even PJ can transform into epic.And coming from the epic battles of LOTR.... the battles (if you can call running around a battle) in TH1 will surely be a letdown.

Just look at the difference in premise of LOTR and TH.

LOTR - To destroy The One Ring while Men and Elfs fend off the dark forces of the evil lord Sauron. Lots of epic battles.

TH1 - Bilbo becomes a burglar to recover some treasure for dwarves. Lots of running and hiding.

Well my predict is 850M so it can certainly reach 900m. :)But increasing from that is going to be increasing difficult since we are pushing the saturation limits (for a typical blockbuster, not counting Avatar and Titanic). Remember, DH2 which had everything going for it, especially finale factor, could only manage 950M.

It will be released at Christmas with one more holiday weekend than LOTR had. I think that's important. Massive weekends and no direct competition. And (I don't say it will happen) the 3D factor plus 48fps it's a new experience in theaters. ¿Could we have another phenomenon like Avatar? I wouldn't discard it. Edited by peludo

Maybe in the book, but the movie is a different matter.

It isn`t.

Dragon isn`t in the first or at least dragon kicking some ass. That`s what Scarecrow Walsh said. Dragon rage and war are in the second.

Edited by fishnets

It isn`t.

Dragon isn`t in the first or at least dragon kicking some ass. That`s what Scarecrow Walsh said. Dragon rage and war are in the second.

Did you read Fake's post?

Is the LOTR really much better known WW? I ask because personally I read the Hobbit first and only read LOTR because I really liked the Hobbit.

I think the books are about equally known.

Is the LOTR really much better known WW? I ask because personally I read the Hobbit first and only read LOTR because I really liked the Hobbit.

I did like you. At first LOTR size scared me. But I read The Hobbit and I loved it, so I decided to read LOTR too