Neo

The Official 1B WW Thread

256M away, should get it by Sunday.

That's just incredible. THE AVENGERS, of all films, could potentially be the fastest film to a billion.Only a few here thought it would reach that for a final total - it will be roughly 60-70% of its final gross WW :S

Catching Fire won't do it, come on be real. As for animated films I only know of Monsters University but 1 billion seems like a stretch for that

If we're being real than CF will likely more than double THG's OS take the way Twilight to New Moon did, so that puts CF at around $500m OS. Now $500m DOM may be a stretch for it but it's by no means whatsoever impossible considering THG made 400, so yeah there's certainly a chance for CF to hit a bil.

If we're being real than CF will likely more than double THG's OS take the way Twilight to New Moon did, so that puts CF at around $500m OS. Now $500m DOM may be a stretch for it but it's by no means whatsoever impossible considering THG made 400, so yeah there's certainly a chance for CF to hit a bil.

yeah but that likely will not happen and is way too optimistic. Any others? Edited by Shriekofthevulture

yeah but that likely will not happen and is way too optimistic. Any others?

But remember THG also has China coming up now. It's OS take will likely get near the $270m mark. CF could go as high as $550m OS with a Twilight-New Moon multiplier. And why wouldn't it have a similar OS jump as that? The books are becoming far more popular now OS than they were before THG came out and it's now starting to catch up to the popularity it has in the US in a lot of countries. So CF might only need to do about as well as THG or a little better DOM to hit a billion.

Since CF can't have the Twilight->NM increase domestically, it won't have Twilight->NM increase OS.

:rolleyes:You're still letting your THG hatred completely blind you to the obvious potential of the franchise I see. I guess you've learned nothing from THG's success? There's every reason for it to have a similar OS increase as Twilight to NM. I mean for starters it had a similar OS gross as Twilight. Edited by MovieMan89

:rolleyes:Your still letting your THG hatred completely blind you to the obvious potential of the franchise I see. I guess you've learned nothing from THG's success? There's every reason for it to have a similar OS increase as Twilight to NM. I mean for starters it had a similar OS gross as Twilight.

Yup.. every movie that grosses 200-300M doubles with the next movie...Name one market where CF will definitely double THG's gross and we will talk.

- Twilight was a comparatively smaller hit in markets like UK/Australia and there was much room for the sequel to grow (very much like US) and NM increased 2.5x in those markets. THG was already a huge hit in these markets 1.5x increase for CF will be excellent.- NM had some crazy jumps in markets like Brazil and Russia (~5x increases)... it would be very difficult for CF to repeat that.NM had a 2.07x increase OS overall. CF will do well to get 1.6-1.7x.

Yup.. every movie that grosses 200-300M doubles with the next movie...Name one market where CF will definitely double THG's gross and we will talk.

Um actually several successful franchise starters that don't go much over $300m OS do double their OS gross with the next movie. Batman Begins, Twilight, Pirates, Ice Age, and Shrek being some examples. THG wasn't massive OS meaning there's plenty of room for it to grow if it was well received, and I definitely think it was.