Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Is that when the infamous not a record gig started?

Nikki was giving her updated TA numbers and everytime she would say "NOT A RECORD." She would say it with each update. Then, finally, the OW numbers came in and she had to say it was a record. That's where the Not A Record started.

Ha Ha I underpredicted so bad then just like I did now. I was so sure that Avengers was only gonna do $150m

To be fair most thought hype wasn't there but we should have learned by now, Marvel's king of Walk-ups.  :D

I remember people clowning when that early 60m(?) estimate came in. That's when rth came in and said Nikki was way off with her numbers. Oh boy! If I could point to any one thing that made that weekend special that would be it. The birth of a legend, lol.

Yep, "Not a Record" by Nikki and than Rth lays down the gauntlet with his 80M OD while Nikki and rest of the outlets were stuck in the mid to high 60s. True legend indeed was born that day.  :wub:

• Like 3

I predicted 155 for TA1 lol

Was wrong by 52 million lol 

We all make mistakes, so something like that's be to expected. I remember I predicted around 140m for Avengers when it first came out. I was really off.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Sickening? Did you not like the film?

Haven't seen it.  I'm saying it's sickening to say that the number is ho hum because we expected it.

• Like 4

You know it's an epic event, when even ShawnMR comes back. :excited::excited::excited:

Wasn't Shawn the first one to call it publicly (in a blog / article capacity) that TA was going to do 200M OW?

Haven't seen it.  I'm saying it's sickening to say that the number is ho hum because we expected it.

It really is shocking. SM1 broke the 100M barrier 13 yrs ago and now, we could potentially have our 1st 100M OD. The number in context is really awe-inspiring.  :o  :D

• Like 2