Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I still think IW Part 2 will be massive.

Finale factor and all the extra characters.

However 3 years building up to this and fizzzzzzlllleeeee

If no other marvel movie is able to top Avengers by then than this will be the one to break both its OW and Final gross. Final gross is not that certain but this will have the biggest finale effect of any movie franchise in history going for it. After so many movies released over so many years with intermingling stories all leading to this one final moment we will finally get the end.

SW7 won't break the record in December. The weekend before Christmas is a huge shopping weekend, the competition is much stronger and the demographics of the movie skews a lot older than the CBM movies.

I wasn't talking about TA2 in the second part of my post. 

How will it not break the December record?   84 million?  Lol, ok dude.

• Like 9

Theoritically BvS can break OW record. Batman films have broken OW record 4 times. If the hype is built up and it gets insane reviews it can do it being 1st off the block.

Problem is its directed by Zack :-)

MOS broke the June record.  :P

Gitesh Pandya @giteshpandya 34s35 seconds ago

#AvengersAgeOfUltron takes big hit SAT, maybe -30% to high 50s. Wknd in 190s range. #PacquiaoMayweather among factors.

So no factoring of spillovers to Sunday.

$84.5m Friday is great, it's just that too big of a chunk of that was from Thursday previews for it to have a good chance of passing the $207.4m record. 

The 27.4M is part of the OW.

SW7 won't break the record in December. The weekend before Christmas is a huge shopping weekend, the competition is much stronger and the demographics of the movie skews a lot older than the CBM movies.

What are you talking about? It will super easily break the december record by atleast 40m.

Don t forget that both Titanic and Avatar were huuuuuge gambles.

Fox sold the rights of Titanic to Paramount for the dom grosses to complete the budget, that s how cold feet there were on this disaster in the making.

And few knows that Fox actually abandonned Cameron during Avatar and that Cameron had to find other financial backers to complete the movie.

Fox didn t like the premise, the giant blue people and the eco friendly message. They just followed him on blind faith because of Titanic and the fact that he is their only mega star in house director since Aliens.

Don t forget that both Titanic and Avatar were huuuuuge gambles.

Fox sold the rights of Titanic to Paramount for the dom grosses to complete the budget, that s how cold feet there were on this disaster in the making.

And few knows that Fox actually abandonned Cameron during Avatar and that Cameron had to find other financial backers to complete the movie.

Fox didn t like the premise, the giant blue people and the eco friendly message. They just followed him on blind faith because of Titanic and the fact that he is their only mega star in house director since Aliens.

I still remember how uninterested I was in seeing Avatar when it came out. Since I was too young when Titanic first came out to remember the hype or to be caught up in Titanic mania, I simply was not invested in Cameron. Then I saw the trailers (and the HORRID posters) for Avatar, and my interest was even less. But then...a group of my friends and I went to see it anyway, in search of just a cool girls' night out...and I was in awe of how brilliant Cameron is as a filmmaker and a storyteller. I am one of those people that Avatar detractors claim don't exist: a fan who LOVES Avatar not because of shiny colors or dazzling visuals, but because the characters' stories and their plight totally captured my imagination. That is why I've always said that Cameron's secret weapon will always be how he tells his stories, not what special effects he puts around them.

• Like 3

So no factoring of spillovers to Sunday.

LOL. Why would there be any spillover? High 50s is no where near capacity, and reports are saying in LA and the West coast especially that theaters took a big hit. 

I still remember how uninterested I was in seeing Avatar when it came out. Since I was too young when Titanic first came out to remember the hype or to be caught up in Titanic mania, I simply was not invested in Cameron. Then I saw the trailers (and the HORRID posters) for Avatar, and my interest was even less. But then...a group of my friends and I went to see it anyway, in search of just a cool girls' night out...and I was in awe of how brilliant Cameron is as a filmmaker and a storyteller. I am one of those people that Avatar detractors claim don't exist: a fan who LOVES Avatar not because of shiny colors or dazzling visuals, but because the characters' stories and their plight totally captured my imagination. That is why I've always said that Cameron's secret weapon will always be how he tells his stories, not what special effects he puts around them.

Wait, are we talking about Cameron or Pixar?

Edited by Infernus

Are people really expecting the Sunday decrease for AoU to be really low? I'm sure the major fans already say it on Thursday night or on Friday. They wouldn't have waited until Sunday to see it. :blink:

Well it s usually both.

He has the mind of the engineer that always wants to push the limits of what s possible visually with new technologies and he has the heart of a storyteller and artist.

He is a brilliant drawer and painter. It is his hand you see in Titanic when Jack draws Naked rose.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2