Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Disney has no idea how to market their live-action movies which aren't Lucasfilm or Marvel by the looks of it. Just in the past few years we have had Prince of Persia, John Carter, Lone Ranger, and now Tomorrowland. Tron: Legacy was well marketed IIRC but I didn't follow that movie's marketing closely after the first trailer got them my ticket.

Disney has been trying to create their next live action blockbuster franchise ever since the first Pirates in 2003. Each one keeps failing. Sad! :sadno:

how do you become a mod. i wanna be one

In my case Disney noticed none of the BoxOfficeTheory Mods/Admins were Frozen lovers.

We got an old guy movie lover, a Mockingjay, Spiderman and Superman lovers... and of course the staff is riddled with Nolenites like every other corner of the internet

And since Disney controls all media they immediately contacted Shawn and asked him to correct the situation.

Their hope is that his bold move will allow people to 'Let it Go' and forget AOUs OW performance.

I am joking of course.  There is only one way I could become staff:

blackmail-the-hobby-that-pays-t-shirt-vi

Edited by AndyLL
  • Like 6

I wish that your theater could represent the whole country because damnnnn.

Yeah if memory serves, his theater was batting for TA harder than the country did in general 3 years ago. But still, this is good news if this is the trend, even if the trend doesn't swing as far as his theater is showng.

Edit: a word

Edited by jse

Awesome. Thanks.

I want to visit your theater one day. You said it's the biggest one in Corpus Christi, right?

No :(

There's a Cinemark Century 16 which is technically bigger. Most because the tickets are almost double ours!

But for reals, you kinda don't want to come here. I'd love to meet you some time but this theater is...uh...not nice. I love my job and the company, but man, they need to tear this place down and start over.

• Like 2

A market correction may be in play, has Rallax posted how his theater is doing?

Ah he answered below.

sport had no effect, LB looking at 40% increase over  Sat, southgate, Ontario Palace& Mills  over 60% increase  :o

I know cause they were blowing up today.

Alright, let's take a look at this shit!

Age%20of%20ULtron_zps0anxs0bk.jpg

That's just Avengers, this was our total attendance all weekend:

Friday - 4017

Saturday - 3792

Sunday - 5558

Yes, you are reading that right, 5,558 today.  This was our second busiest day of the year!  We did more today than we did on Good Friday!  Also, you'll notice that Avengers did more today by itself that we did in total on Friday and Saturday.

Holy crap!

• Like 1

BOM deleting everything sucks, that Prince of Persia thread was one of the funniest things I've ever read. I don't even remember specifics anymore, I just remember dying laughing

I had some posts in that thread. I had hope. But I knew deep down that it was not meant to be. I don't remember anything either other than Shay was irrationally defending it to some extreme lengths. My favorite thing about this movie was Jake Gyllenhaal's goofy smile and the unusual amount of promotional pics with him having his shirt off.

This movie was fun IMO

Eh...I saw it the first time, and it was tolerable enough. But then I rewatched it and it was pretty much trash. It's unfathomable that it even has a 200 million dollar + budget, because it looks about half that.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

I had a dream that I owned an AMC theater about a year ago. Weird. I just remembered not making any profit and so much work being done.

• Like 1

Yeah if memory serves, his theater was batting for TA harder than the country did in general 3 years ago. But still, this is good news if this is the trend, even the trend doesn't swing as far as his theater is showng.

Different theater then. Kingwood was pretty normal most of the time and could fit in with some basic trends and stuff.

Corpus Christi on the other hand is a fucking mess. It's all over the place.

I had a dream that I owned an AMC theater about a year ago. Weird. I just remembered not making any profit and so much work being done.

And you played the following movies at midnight every week.

Monday: Following

Tuesday: Memento

Wednesday: Insomnia

Thursday: The Prestige

Friday: Inception

Saturday: Interstellar

Sunday: The Dark Knight Trilogy

• Like 4

I had some posts in that thread. I had hope. But I knew deep down that it was not meant to be. I don't remember anything either other than Shay was irrationally defending it to some extreme lengths. My favorite thing about this movie was Jake Gyllenhaal's goofy smile and the unusual amount of promotional pics with him having his shirt off.

My favorite thing about that movie is how its ENTIRE plot is undone with the time-travel thing :rofl: And the way Gemma Arterton's character being forced to marry a guy she no longer knows is supposed to be a happy ending

Different theater then. Kingwood was pretty normal most of the time and could fit in with some basic trends and stuff.

Corpus Christi on the other hand is a fucking mess. It's all over the place.

ic ic.. didn't realize you had switched theaters. but this is all good news nonetheless. thanks for the update!

• Like 1

BOM deleting everything sucks, that Prince of Persia thread was one of the funniest things I've ever read. I don't even remember specifics anymore, I just remember dying laughing

LOL that was one of the GOAT threads.  Shayhiri vs. the world

• Like 1

No :(

There's a Cinemark Century 16 which is technically bigger. Most because the tickets are almost double ours!

But for reals, you kinda don't want to come here. I'd love to meet you some time but this theater is...uh...not nice. I love my job and the company, but man, they need to tear this place down and start over.

:lol:

That's some appealing endorsements there :P

I love the Cimemark chain, so maybe that one someday.

For now, I guess I'll be content with Palladium theater in San Antonio for the summer.

• Like 1