Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Well at least the Derby and NBA game lived up to expectations today. The fight and the box office were about as pleasant as a loud fart in church. 

Didn't catch the derby but basketball is literally my life.  

First fight I've ever watched and I was actually pleasantly surprised; I enjoyed how technical it was, though I can see how Mayweather's style can be off-putting.  And all I've been hearing about is how this was several years too late so I figured both dudes were kind of past their primes.  

For some reason this post made me realize both the Avengers and Star Wars finale hit 2019. I reserve the Infinity War Part 2 and Episode IX>Age of Ultron and Force Awakens club.

I believe the Avatar Trilogy also ends 2019 currently

http://deadline.com/2015/05/avengers-age-of-ultron-thursday-box-office-1201419080/

Many across the U.S. are watching the boxing match at parties. What this means for Avengers: Age of Ultron is a lower than expected Saturday of $59M per industry estimates, a 30% decline from yesterday’s $84.46M.

Now we wait for Sunday's figure, that will be somewhat indicative of tonight's sporting events' effects as grim remarked on earlier.

First fight I've ever watched and I was actually pleasantly surprised; I enjoyed how technical it was, though I can see how Mayweather's style can be off-putting.  And all I've been hearing about is how this was several years too late so I figured both dudes were kind of past their primes.  

Mayweather's speed is impressive as hell at age 38, but I don't like that chickenshit move of hugging the other guy as soon as he gets hit even once. Manny is definitely slower than he was 5 years ago and it would have been a hell of a lot better matchup at that time. Mayweather dodged it at the time, which is kind of his M.O. 

The Derby was very exciting. Three horses came all the way down to the wire. The betting favorite American Pharaoh barely jumped ahead at the very end. 

• Like 1

Some of the other folks here don't understand what it's like to be in a town with only one pro sports team. In that situation it's a huge deal when your team is in the playoffs, especially a Game 7 scenario. Imagine if the Yankees were the only pro sports team in New York. It's the same thing for San Antonio folks with the Spurs. 

A humongous, segmented metro like New York is probably more the exception than the rule. In most cases if your pro team is in the playoffs, everyone in the city gets behind them.

500+ still possible with a 180s weekend? Just curious.

Cap 2 got the best multiplier of Avengers related movies in phase 2 with a 2.7X, IM3 had a 2.35X and Thor 2 had a 2.34X. If Avengers gets 192M OW, then it will end with the following totals:

Cap 2's multiplier: 518.4M

IM3's multiplier: 451.2M

Thor 2's multiplier: 449M

If it gets Avengers legs (3X): 575M

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

http://deadline.com/2015/05/avengers-age-of-ultron-thursday-box-office-1201419080/

Many across the U.S. are watching the boxing match at parties. What this means for Avengers: Age of Ultron is a lower than expected Saturday of $59M per industry estimates, a 30% decline from yesterday’s $84.46M.

say 30% drop will be in right ball park

• Like 6

Oh my God that game was incredible. Probably way better than the fight.

• Like 2

Cap 2 got the best multiplier of Avengers related movies in phase 2 with a 2.7X, IM3 had a 2.35X and Thor 2 had a 2.34X. If Avengers gets 192M OW, then it will end with the following totals:

If I had to guess, probably somewhere between the IM3 and CA2 multiplier. Maybe something like $480m. 

That's a lower Saturday than IM3. Saturday business was definitely hurt.

Yep. Everything going on today sportswise really hurt it. While the open is disappointing, it is still great. Just not as great as most thought it would be.

I can see the multiplier being good. Audiences seem to like it and it has weak competition

• Like 1