Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

The legs and final gross of Ultron, that s the real question ...

I'd guess it'll hold better than expected next weekend. A 45-50% drop instead of 55-60%. Followed by another 45% drop against Mad Max/Pitch Perfect. Then a 30% over the 3-day/15% over the 4-day. With a 50% drop to cap off the month of May.

I think it'll have slightly lower legs than the original. a 2.7x instead of a 3x. 

Well by that you have to apply the same to the L.A. market since they were in that game. It fell off the map according to rth. we will see if it follows the same pattern. Logic dictates that it should. We will see.

To a lesser extent. I doubt too many Lakers fans cared about the Clippers game last night.

The biggest difference I see in the SoCal region compared to yesterday and Friday is the number of showtimes. Friday and yesterday had 4-5 shows at every theater post 10:30pm. Today however, 10:30pm seems to be almost a hard stop for showtimes (apart from IMAX and a few scattered theaters).

There were very few sell outs even during the day yesterday.  But I'm not sure any of that makes a difference since there was very little business yesterday. I'm just thinking the drop from Saturday to Sunday could be somewhat softer IF it followed the same pattern as Rallax's theater. I'm sure it won't recover all that it lost but I'm just curious at what the trend will be for our market.

Johnson did appear in multiple films. He was in The Winter Soldier after all. But there is a theory that he will be brought back to life.

Honestly, I think if an Avenger dies it will be the cliffhanger for Infinity War Part One.

Do cameos really count? I know Evans isn't counted for Thor 2 and Downey wasn't counted for Hulk... as for Quicksilver coming back, I only see it happening in Infinity War.

To a lesser extent. I doubt too many Lakers fans cared about the Clippers game last night.

That's what I thought but I don't that's true. Clippers have fans too. And LOL I think everybody hates the Spurs and would have loved to see them taken down. :D

That's just people not wanting to admit their predictions were bad.    The movie must be "disappointing" instead.   How could their prediction be the problem?   They know box office after all, right?

Avengers have twice made a fool of predictors....so obviously predictors don't know how to predict Avengers movies.   That's the logical conclusion.   Pretending the movie is the flaw which should have matched the faulty predictions saves egos....but isn't logical.

Lot of knee jerk reactions and axe to grind in the past few hours.

Yeah, we get it you want to rub wrong predictors into their shit because you were so mighty right that TA2 would only be the second OW ever and not the first. What a victory for you and what a failure for those mouthbreathers fanboys and Disney/Marvel!

• Like 3

• Community Manager

Do cameos really count? I know Evans isn't counted for Thor 2 and Downey wasn't counted for Hulk... as for Quicksilver coming back, I only see it happening in Infinity War.

If they don't then Samuel L. Jackson still has a lot of movies left on his contract.

That's what I thought but I don't that's true. Clippers have fans too. And LOL I think everybody hates the Spurs and would have loved to see them taken down. :D

Must...resist...urge....to....ban....Ecstacy.

Come on we lost. Don't kick us down.

It's doing shockingly badly compared to what the film is doing everywhere else. Increase or same numbers as TA everywhere, the US is the only country where it decreases and by a huge margin as well, so yes it's is very disappointing in that respect, no two ways about it. It is still a very impressive number for any film, but the discussion isn't about that, is it? You can't talk for month about 200m and OW record and when it's not happening turn the discussion to merch sales and the OS numbers and stuff that we all agreed on. It's a worth a chat to discuss why is Ultron dropping 150m from TA. 

That's just people not wanting to admit their predictions were bad.    The movie must be "disappointing" instead.   How could their prediction be the problem?   They know box office after all, right?

Avengers have twice made a fool of predictors....so obviously predictors don't know how to predict Avengers movies.   That's the logical conclusion.   Pretending the movie is the flaw which should have matched the faulty predictions saves egos....but isn't logical.

I'm not out to save anyone egos here.  As I said, if we want to label this as "disappointing relative to expectations" then that's fine.

FWIW, I'm not even disappointed, even relative to expectations.  The fight hit it hard, and even then it's a little underwhelming; I figured it would have hit TA demand levels without the fight and it doesn't seem like it did (17-19% attendance drop).  But it still landed within reason.  That doesn't mean we can't discuss the fact that it didn't follow precedence though, and I don't see why that's seen as a "flaw" in the film.

Are you seriously going to argue that $187 million OW is not fine for any movie regardless of expectations?

Huh?  No, not at all.  I'm trying to argue that anything can be spun as impressive if we ignore expectations.  

hey ethan the movie faced alot of things this yr. the sequel was bigger but not as well structured with that heart felt story like the first. give this one a b+ with some a- moments in it. shocked yu like the sequel better than the first.

Well it's pretty well documented that I'm not a huge fan of the first one. This one I really liked what they did. They had an improved viallan, improved action sequences, it was funnier, and they actually used the moments in between the action sequences to progress the characters and the story. Plus I definetly the increased role for Steve :)  really looking forward to what the Russos cook up for Civil War

• Community Manager

It's doing shockingly badly compared to what the film is doing everywhere else. Increase or same numbers as TA everywhere, the US is the only country where it decreases and by a huge margin as well, so yes it's is very disappointing in that respect, no two ways about it. It is still a very impressive number for any film, but the discussion isn't about that, is it? You can't talk for month about 200m and OW record and when it's not happening turn the discussion to merch sales and the OS numbers and stuff that we all agreed on. It's a worth a chat to discuss why is Ultron dropping 150m from TA.

Nowadays, compared to everywhere else, most movies do shockingly bad then.

I'm not out to save anyone egos here. As I said, if we want to label this as "disappointing relative to expectations" then that's fine.

FWIW, I'm not even disappointed, even relative to expectations. The fight hit it hard, and even then it's a little underwhelming; I figured it would have hit TA demand levels without the fight and it doesn't seem like it did (17-19% attendance drop). But it still landed within reason. That doesn't mean we can't discuss the fact that it didn't follow precedence though, and I don't see why that's seen as a "flaw" in the film.

Huh? No, not at all. I'm trying to argue that anything can be spun as impressive if we ignore expectations.

I had zero expectations for Mortdecai's box office performance and I don't think for a second that movie did fine.

I don't have any expectations for San Andreas box office but I can tell you after it comes out if it did fine or not.

• Like 1

If they don't then Samuel L. Jackson still has a lot of movies left on his contract.

Must...resist...urge....to....ban....Ecstacy.

Come on we lost. Don't kick us down.

LOL I didn't know you were a Spurs fan. I'm a Warriors fan though, lol. But I root for Clippers and Lakers too.

• Like 1

Iron Man vs. Captain America: Civil War

Captain America: Civil War: Featuring Iron Man: Played by Robert Downey Jr: Actor of All The Previous Iron Mans: You Know The Guy Whos In The Front of Every Poster as Iron Man: Yet We Never Show Iron Man's Mask On: Because We Want You To Know That Iron Man Is Fucking: Robert Downey Jr: Civil War.

• Like 2