Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Here's my OW attendance list.  I've taken into account every factor that was posted as best as I can (IMAX/3D/Other/etc.).  Unfortunately, no one's ever provided a children audience share, so I cannot account for youth tickets, though in some of the weekend breakdowns, we're told the fraction of the audience that is over/under 25.  Notably, 2 of the top 3 openers have a over/under 25 split of 50%, TDK and TA, but SM3 had a split of 63% under the age of 25, so I think it's fair to say that in actuality, it holds the true crown for OW attendance, likely a little over 23M.  In the same manner, you can do a mental adjustment for any film that might lean younger (such as Potter or Shrek, or TDK vs. TA).

TDK - 22.4M

SM3 - 22.1M

TA - 21.8M

DMC - 20.7M

NM - 19.9M

SM1 - 19.7M

TDKR - 19.4M

DH2 - 19.0M

CF - 18.9M

THG - 18.9M

AOU - 18.2M

BD1 - 18.2M

IM3 - 18.1M

BD2 - 18.0M

Shrek 3 - 18.0M

Shrek 2 - 17.5M (20.9M 5-day)

ROTS - 17.0M (24.9M 4-day)

AWE - 17.0M (22.6M 5-day)

I will update this once actuals for Ultron are reported.

Someday we will get the first 25M ticket selling opener. With inflation, IMAX and 3D, that may lead to an opening of 250-270M and basically lead to all box office sites going crazy.

• Like 1

West Covina and South Gate still have sell outs going. Looks like Long Beach is done for the night.

OC is almost done for the night. 10:30 is the latest showtime apart from a couple of IMAX showings.

• Community Manager

Someday we will get the first 25M ticket selling opener. With inflation, IMAX and 3D, that may lead to an opening of 250-270M and basically lead to all box office sites going crazy.

December 18, 2015?

• Like 1

Despite most of country watching the fight of the century, the Philippines found time to make Ultron the third biggest movie of all time with $12.0 million behind Marvel’s Avengers and Iron Man 3.

Well well well. lol

• Like 1

OC is almost done for the night. 10:30 is the latest showtime apart from a couple of IMAX showings.

I meant done with the sell outs.

I didn't see any Imax sellouts.

Weekend was slightly overestimated at $175.3m, but not bad.

Studios can't help themselves. They want the numbers to look good in the press reports on Sunday and GMA or Today on Monday mornings since a lot of people watch those shows as background noise while getting ready to go to work. 100M sounds better than 98M, 175M sounds better than 174 and in TF4's case 100M sounds better than 100M  :D

This explains things. CRAZY NUMBERS.

Furious 7 added $52.8 million from 67 territories this weekend, bringing its international cume to $1.098 billion and its global haul to a staggering $1.429 billion. That puts it past Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 ($1.341B) as the 4th highest grossing film of all-time globally behind Avatar ($2.8B), Titanic ($2.2B), and The Avengers ($1.5B). Its $1.098 billion from overseas is the third highest behind Avatar ($2B) and Titanic ($1.5B).

The seventh installment in the Fast series continued to lead the market in China for a third consecutive weekend as it fell just 14% thanks to the Labour Day Holiday to gross an estimated $31 million for a 22-day total of $381.8 million. Furious still has one more weekend to break $400 million before Age of Ultron hits theaters on Tuesday, May 12.

Running out of likes? There's a way to fix that.

:P

LOL Let's just get through this weekend first.

E, how are you doing with all of the doom and gloom? Thankfully, I've been crazy busy so I didn't have time to post much.  :lol: