antovolk

Annihilation | Paramount | Feb 23 2018 | Alex Garland | Natalie Portman | Reviews Embargoed till day of release

7 hours ago, Barnack said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/annihilation-netflix-uk-release-date-a8221716.html

The streaming service has now confirmed when UK subscribers can expect the Alex Garland’s second movie: 12 March

They always talked about at least 16/17 days after US release I think.

Okay this was the question I had. If it was this week, it would most likely impact box office because it would be online that night.

8 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Happy this is good. I also clearly need to keep trying to step away from pre release gossip in general.

I suspect the fears about how it will play with audiences are overblown. They're much more open to "thinking" sci fis than critics and film snobs give them credit for.

Yeah but I'm happy that test audiences don't seem to have changed the film. Via Scotts comments, seems like the 3rd act was left alone so we'll all get to experience it as it originally was.

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

If you call Interstellar crazy I don't think you've seen crazy. 

Compared to the rest of the film, it was (when he dives into the black hole and ends up in the fifth dimension and communicates to Murph through the bookshelf). I don't mean it's the craziest science fiction or horror film out there or anything. 

I've seen crazy but just for fun, name some.

But fun fact, I did not like The Matrix at the time of release but grew to love it so much through rewatches that it's one of my favorite films of all time. And man has that film sparked a lot of theories about reality itself. The 13th Floor touched on them but that really dove in.

9 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

That's a weird comparison. 

So you're telling me there's no scene of gorgeous Deakins cinematography of landscapes from the interior of a cockpit while Ryan Gosling has a simmering brood on his face as he looks out pensively into the beyond?

• Haha 3

I just saw it – really dug it. Visually awesome and I enjoyed the craziness of it all – but I'm a sucker for a mindfuck movie. The last act definitely does veer into the bizarre but I was into it.

It's completely different from the book, though. Like... beyond the setting of the shimmer, there's zero similarities. 

• Like 5