kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

I'm not being pessimistic just a realist. It has gone down with every estimate and I expect the same to happen today as well. It could surprise and go up but nothing so far in it's run has shown that. I'll be happy with 23M/85M weekend. 

You're not being a realist when predicting a $92m weekend off a $25m Friday. When it has such an enormous Friday jump, there's no way it's going to maintain the same large increases like IM3/TA2. Not to their extent.

I'm not being pessimistic just a realist. It has gone down with every estimate and I expect the same to happen today as well. It could surprise and go up but nothing so far in it's run has shown that. I'll be happy with 23M/85M weekend. 

I agree. With the current range, 21-22m would not surprise me at all to see in tomorrow's estimates. Going down seems to be the pattern its followed whenever we get updates. Except for last Sunday's.

You're not being a realist when predicting a $92m weekend off a $25m Friday. When it has such an enormous Friday jump, there's no way it's going to maintain the same large increases like IM3/TA2. Not to their extent.

I sense a big Saturday, spidey sense over this number. 

Last saturday was a big let down. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I said potentially. 25M should lead to high 80s to low 90s.

Edited by druv10

All this talk about domestic box office is a distraction...

Let's talk about what's really meaningful...

What is this gonna do in China?

The game is in China now, let's get real.

250-300M

Deadline just really doesn't give a damn about Box Office anymore.  I don't think they made any reports since this morning's preview numbers for Hot Pursuit.

250-300M

likely seeing 250+ there

For reals? The predictions seemed to be lower from people who know the market well. As I understand it AOU supposedly has a bad release date.

Deadline just really doesn't give a damn about Box Office anymore.  I don't think they made any reports since this morning's preview numbers for Hot Pursuit.

Nikki's gone and all the excitement went with her. :lol: Maybe they gave up doing predictions because they suck at it. :D

• Like 1