grim22

Monday numbers Rth: Mad Max #1 with 5.3M, PP2 5.21M AoU 3.4M #AnUpsetForTheAges

I guess R rated films hold much better than films aimed at a younger generation.

I think it's two factors, mainly. One, a sequel to a popular series is gonna be more front-loaded, especially one that has a diehard, dedicated fanbase. And secondly, adults are more likely to see an evening movie during the week.

• Like 2

American Sniper is a very good movie. Haven't seen 300. Fury Road still a 4/5. 

I likely make some people angry on here.

I liked American Sniper more then all of the other Oscar nominated films combined. 

It was flawed but it had a much more interesting story and characters.

Add in Fast 7 and Kingsman, those are the only good films I seen this year really. (yes I seen a lot other films and most I fell asleep through).

• Like 1

I liked American Sniper more then all of the other Oscar nominated films combined. 

Add in Fast 7 and Kingsman, those are the only good films I seen this year really. (yes I seen a lot other films and most I fell asleep through).

You liked a $350m grosser? I'm shocked... shocked! :o

:P

• Like 3

Kingsman is easily the best movie of year. B)

• Like 2

Maybe films make a lot money because they are appealing and liked by people?  :ph34r:

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I'm not talking people, I'm talking you. You have a singular ability to have the same opinion as the GA. (I don't mean that in a bad way, I just find it amusing). :)

Edited by Telemachos

You liked a $350m grosser? I'm shocked... shocked! :o

:P

what else from our good ol' broken record blockbuster manny. If I am not wrong He skipped edge of tomorrow in theaters bcos its not blockbustery enough for him :-) I wonder how many of oscar nominees he even saw to make the comment

• Like 1

I'm not talking people, I'm talking you. You have a singular ability to have the same opinion as the GA. (I don't mean that in a bad way, I just find it amusing). :)

It depends...

When it comes to watching movies at theaters.

I am more of a guy who likes to watch movies with friends as time pass entertainment. Not really looking for themes and morals.

At home.

I will watch the more deeper meaning films. 

For example something like Interstellar even though I find the last 20 mins of the film stupid...The film stayed with me and made me think about the film for a few weeks and still does. My point is just because a film makes you think and ponder does not mean its a great or entertaining film by default. 

Some popular films I do not like but I always understand why they are popular. 

what else from our good ol' broken record blockbuster manny. If I am not wrong He skipped edge of tomorrow in theaters bcos its not blockbustery enough for him :-) I wonder how many of oscar nominees he even saw to make the comment

Edge of Tomorrow was good but turned to much into Groundhog day. 

I watched all the Oscar nominated films for best Picture at home.

Edited by Lordmandeep

300 May be a good comparison. It would get Mad Max to around 135m, which seems about right.

The thing about PP2 and Mad Max is they are heavily geared to a single demographic, which means their future legs probably won't be all that strong.

135-150m for Mad Max and 175m-200m for PP2 seems likely.

Edited by The Panda