grim22

Monday numbers Rth: Mad Max #1 with 5.3M, PP2 5.21M AoU 3.4M #AnUpsetForTheAges

Manny,

There is nothing wrong in your tastes at all. So no need to justify.

Its just a bit interesting based on what kind of people you hang around with.

People I hang around "yoh you watch fast 7 it was sick!"

Me: You watch Interstellar

dead silence... 

Go to work "hey you watch Birdmen, greatest movie of the year ""

Me: You see fast 7

dead silence

I am like  :mellow:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by Lordmandeep

I liked both movies. 

So has anyone realized that AoU may not gross 1.5B+ WW...

which would put it under F7.

:o  :unsure:  :ph34r:

Well, I think just about everyone saw the writing on the wall a week or two ago. More so than anything, I see two juggernauts. One drastically overachieved while the other marginally underachieved. I also see two of the top five worldwide earners of all-time, unadjusted of course. And, two flicks that each more than doubled Man Of Steel's worldwide gross ;).

After Star Wars Episode VII knocks Ultron out of the top five WW, which movie do folks here think will be the next to push into the top five? Episode VIII? Or, will we have to wait until Avatar 2? Or, can BatSupes explode and find its way in there?

• Like 1

Well, I think just about everyone saw the writing on the wall a week or two ago. More so than anything, I see two juggernauts. One drastically overachieved while the other marginally underachieved. I also see two of the top five worldwide earners of all-time, unadjusted of course. And, two flicks that each more than doubled Man Of Steel's worldwide gross ;).

After Star Wars Episode VII knocks Ultron out of the top five WW, which movie do folks here think will be the next to push into the top five? Episode VIII? Or, will we have to wait until Avatar 2? Or, can BatSupes explode and find its way in there?

Fast 7 beating AOU is a big box office shock.

There are big box office shocks each year. 

However when it comes to mega grosser..Easily the biggest upset since TA1 beat TDKR domestically. 

• Like 2

BatSupes has no chance for WW top 5. I personally dont think SW7 will either. Avatar 2 for sure.

• Like 1

Why the Man Of Steel reference?  :thinking:

• Like 1

300 May be a good comparison. It would get Mad Max to around 135m, which seems about right.

300 had very good legs (amazing if you compare it to every other Zack Snyder movie) but maybe Mad Max can do better since it didn't open as high.

• Like 1

Er, no, I doubt that.

Especially with the current exchange rates. It would actually likely increase DOM and decrease OS and gross about $700M WW. Again, though, given BatSupes release date and novelty, I really could see that one breaking out almost as much as Furious 7 did this spring.

and i bet it would get better reviews juxtaposed with the disappointment of aou

I don't. Why? Critics generally liked Man Of Steel less than Ultron. And, they liked it less because it, in their view, it was a more egregious offender of same of the problems in Ultron.

On a separate note, too bad the exchange rates aren't too great. Us box office nuts could've had 3 top five WW all time in one year with Furious 7, Ultron and Episode VII. Would've been something amazing.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

I don't. Why? Critics generally liked Man Of Steel less than Ultron. And, they liked it less because it, in their view, it was a more egregious offender of same of the problems in Ultron.

On a separate note, too bad the exchange rates aren't too great. Us box office nuts could've had 3 top five WW all time in one year with Furious 7, Ultron and Episode VII. Would've been something amazing.

if aou came before mos, they wouldn't have had mos to compare it to in the first place. i think if this recent marvel fatigue set in first and THEN they released mos, it would have been more successful than releasing it in the VERY MIDDLE of marvel mania right in the heart of avengers 1, im3, cap 2, etc

Saw what you want about AOU but to say it got a worse reception then MOS is your fantasy. 

im literally not saying that. i said it would have gotten BETTER reviews IF released AFTER aou

im literally not saying that. i said it would have gotten BETTER reviews IF released AFTER aou

I don't think that would be the case. The criticisms against it weren't a direct Marvel comparison -- critics just had pretty mixed opinions about the movie in general.

• Like 7