#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

SA WC is leaving EC for dead, underperforming slightly EC ,way over performing WC and over performing SC(sth Cen)

Well, I'd hope so.  I mean, the West Coast is the place that gets destroyed in the movie.

Edit - I have to admit, I thought Aloha would do less than this.  Yes, its got an amazing cast, but 60 seconds ago I saw my very first advertisement of any sort for Aloha.  I'm a little shocked enough people even knew it was coming to buy that many tickets.

Edited by Wrath

Well, I'd hope so.  I mean, the West Coast is the place that gets destroyed in the movie.

Edit - I have to admit, I thought Aloha would do less than this.  Yes, its got an amazing cast, but 60 seconds ago I saw my very first advertisement of any sort for Aloha.  I'm a little shocked enough people even knew it was coming to buy that many tickets.

Aloha think be lucky to hit 4 atm, SA probably 17-18 (75% top 20 thrs and 60% top 50 playing are in GLA & SFO areas)

• Like 12

I can actually see SA having good WOM. It's totally by the numbers and cliche for the genre, but I thought the spectacle/action was above average for a disaster flick and almost all of the casting and characters were surprisingly likable. Maybe like a 2.8x multi, which would be very good for the genre.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

I can actually see SA having good WOM. It's totally by the numbers and cliche for the genre, but I thought the spectacle/action was above average for a disaster flick and almost all of the casting and characters were surprisingly likable. Maybe like a 2.8x multi, which would be very good for the genre.

It's going to have it's legs cut off by JP4 which covers a lot of the same demographic

• Like 1