The Stingray

The Witch | February 19, 2016 | The new indie horror darling

16 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I didn't care much for the movie, but I have to concede this is quite clever and audacious, especially with Easter and GND2

Sent from my Z667T using Tapatalk

Actually, it is the single most ignorant promotion I have ever heard of. 

Can you imagine a car dealer having $666 off on Halloween or a Apple offering a 666 branded iPhone. 

But, clearly there is a witch hunt going on in Florida so I guess people have given in to there worst instincts. There is no future in it.

23 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I guess now it has a shot at climbing over Ex Machina's $25.4m to become A24's highest grossing movie. 

You know it's a sad state of affairs when the studio that brought you Enemy, Under the Skin, Locke, The Rover, Ex Machina and Room highest grossing film only made a measly 25m.

• Like 2

You know it's a sad state of affairs when the studio that brought you Enemy, Under the Skin, Locke, The Rover, Ex Machina and Room highest grossing film only made a measly 25m.

I prefer to see the glass half full and just be glad they're in business

Sent from my Z667T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I dunno... basically all of those films performed more or less like I would've expected them to. Maybe Room could have done better prior to the Oscars (like with Whiplash the year before, I think it was a missed opportunity to not release it a few hundred theaters right away) if it hadn't got lost behind more hyped platform releases. Besides they've still only been around for three years.