The Stingray

The Witch | February 19, 2016 | The new indie horror darling

28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

This is getting a wide release in 1,800+ theaters according to BOM.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/counts/chart/?yr=2016&wk=08&p=.htm

I'm surprised but happy a quality horror film is getting exposed to a mainstream audience. It's probably unrealistic but I hope it earns over $10 million this weekend.

This can only be a WOM hit. They only began showing tv spots a week and a half before release. That said I have heard a couple of people at work talk about it. I'm definitely going to go see it.

18 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm not talking about profits, but about failing to break out with the public despite being a great movie 

Oh I agree, they are going to go in looking for cheap scares and action, they're getting the opposite. Oh well, unfortunately that's today's audience for you. 

• Like 1

Was really looking forward to seeing this, but read the article on it in USA Today and the director basically says it's a hammer-to-the-head unsubtle feminist rant.  That took away all my enthusiasm and I'll wait to catch it on cable or torrent it if it leaks.