K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Saturday is going to be the strongest DAY it has, by the way.

The record is 69 million.

It'll be very close.

If it gets 80m on Friday and 70m on Saturday...

It'll be very close....for the record.

The summer race will be over, however.

• Like 1

Wrong. AS I SAID rth and Poseidon had already confirmed it was staying above $70.

Wrong. as IIIIIIIII SAID they couldn't know that at that point fairly early in the evening on the west coast

Nah, it doesn t work like that.

It s ok to have flops.

Plus having a giant hit that is not a franchise movie today is nearly impossible.

American Sniper was an anomaly from the current paradigm.

AS was just pandering to certain demographics. While Cooper was efficient in the role, I think Aloha showed he isn't a super draw by himself, regardless of the movie.

I think Mr. Pink is right. It is premature to declare Pratt as "THE DRAW". Both GotG and JW had other, more towering factors going for them.

• Like 1

Jurassic Park isn't Chris Pratt's best franchise.

The creature feature will get hyped but how often will it live up to it (Godzilla, Pacific Rim)?

Ant-Man and Dr. Strange and Civil War will each beat those on RT and at the BO.

Watch!

But what do Godzilla and PR have to do with JW and the JP franchise?

Wrong. as IIIIIIIII SAID they couldn't know that at that point fairly early in the evening on the west coast

All of these are projections. Rth just happens to be pretty damn good at it.

edit: if you take a look at west coast theaters, you'll see there's plenty of demand. This isn't slacking off in the later evening the way ULTRON did.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 5

But they didn't. The early number projections were low, then spiked crazy high (admittedly that was the trades, not Rth), then came back down to earth. In any case, I doubt JW had anywhere near the presales of ULTRON.

rth said 95-100 for aou until i questioned it

• Like 1

Its almost like JW is the sequel TLW was supposed to be all those years ago in terms of success and quality. So glad this franchise is finally back.

Transformers was a shitty replacement for the creature feature mega franchise. Glad the dinos are back in their rightful spot at the top.

• Like 3

At first this was just going to be Baumer vs. Gopher, a vicious conflict sure, but a localized one.

Then rth dropped the Number bomb. Now the Nolanites and Marvelians are going to end up allying in a desperate struggle to crush this film. The whole forum will be engulfed. Man of Steel will fall first, naturally.

TDKR was horrible

AOU was worse

JW is what a summer blockbuster should be.  Loud, fast, furious, incredible effects, and dinosaurs kicking the shit out of each other.  I want to see this two, maybe three more times.  So much fun...and Pratt is awesome.

• Like 3

Apparently the home of the Raptors was the only town in North America not showing up for this one, lol. Where's Lordman?

You forget what Canada loves more than dinosaurs is hockey. It should have a huge increase tomorrow since Stanley Cup game 5 is on tonight. 

Nevermind tomorrow night. Got my nights mixed up. 

Edited by North Stars
  • Like 1

the last post i made with numbers was before rth's latest update you're conveniently ignoring that. plus rth's aou numbers had a "steady uptick" too speaking of which...

@rth did you account for presales for this, which you said was the reason you overpredicted aou's friday?

Now you're just being obtuse. 

• Like 2

All of these are projections. Rth just happens to be pretty damn good at it.

edit: if you take a look at west coast theaters, you'll see there's plenty of demand. This isn't slacking off in the later evening the way ULTRON did.

look all i'm saying is that me saying "anywhere from 140 to 200 could still happen" when we hadn't gotten an update since like 5pm pst is nothing crazy and i'm getting picked on for no good reason

Apparently the home of the Raptors was the only town in North America not showing up for this one, lol. Where's Lordman?

Well, I'm in a city that is part of the Greater Toronto Area, and both theaters in my city tonight were rammed.  So I think Lordmandeep might be talking about Scotiabank theater in downtown Toronto because it seems pretty busy in my area.