K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I think it just needs to be re-emphasised that Jurassic World has just had the BIGGEST DAY OF BOX OFFICE IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA. Adjusted, unadjusted, it doesn't matter, JW has beaten everything and had the biggest single day ever... and you guys are just arguing about whose prediction is right and wrong.

Amazing.

• Like 1

I think it just needs to be re-emphasised that Jurassic World has just had the BIGGEST DAY OF BOX OFFICE IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA. Adjusted, unadjusted, it doesn't matter, JW has beaten everything and had the biggest single day ever... and you guys are just arguing about whose prediction is right and wrong. 

The first Avengers did 69M on his first Saturday.

The first Avengers did 69M on his first Saturday.

I worded my post terribly, meh

Adjust the opening day of Avengers 1 and you get 82.9M.

avengers had more from previews. otherwise HP is still #1

Edited by Treeth Simanton

I bet not. JP stays with you because it doesn't matter how old you are, dinosaurs are an incredible thing to see and study. Power Rangers is something all of us should have grown out of.

Arn't there Dino Power Rangers? :P Edited by Rexy
  • Like 1

So I guess this means new Jurassic rides at Universal Studios? The Minions have only been around for 5 years and they already have their own section of the whole park, for a few years now.

I could easily see them doing a digital, 3D cart ride like Spiderman, Transformers, and Fast.

Hmm?

AOU's Friday opening was $84M.

It's Saturday was $56M.

It's Sunday was $50M.

JW's is at $82M.

Does that mean that JW's Saturday & Sunday will be much higher than AOU, since it's more backloaded?

The Saturday will be much higher for sure but the Sunday is not guaranteed. TA2 had an excellent Sunday thanks to spillover from all the people who watched the sporting events on Saturday.

JW was awesome. some cringe worthy moments with effects and story at the end, other than that, it rocked.

it re-booted the series well

200 million dollar weekend?

maybe 150 but 200 million?

Deadline over-projecting again

BTW!  Mad Max will come in slightly higher than projected this weekend, some reason deadline loves to low ball that film.

So I guess this means new Jurassic rides at Universal Studios? The Minions have only been around for 5 years and they already have their own section of the whole park, for a few years now.

I could easily see them doing a digital, 3D cart ride like Spiderman, Transformers, and Fast.

There are no Jurassic Park attractions at Universal theme park? :o

How many 80s and 90s nostalgia properties will be revived due to this opening? At least this shows that shared universes are not the be all and end all of box office titans. Hopefully Universal decides not to go into the Monsters shared universe and instead just make the best movies possible. The Transformers shared universe just sounds like a bad idea from the get go, especially when the first 4 movies have not established any characters beyond Optimus and Bumblebee.