K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I Don't think it has the same cultural impact. More about the cast of characters rather than the aliens. Will Smith was the main draw, he's been replaced by Liams Hemsworth, nuff said. They will have to depend heavily on the aliens this go round, which is actually a smart decision. The alien nation remained mysterious for the most part in the original film. 

Yeah I'm not saying they're equivocal in influence, just that this makes ID2 look a little more like a sure thing than it did before. Will Smith was big draw yeah, but I remember wanting to see it to see cities get destroyed by massive fireballs. If they can match that level of awe in the marketing (not easy) then they may just pull it off. 

So this weekend may become the highest grossing weekend of all time by the looks of it. OW record is definitely a possibility as well.

Unbelievable.

Avengers 2 is not gonna win the Summer. That is a beautiful thought. 

So this weekend may become the highest grossing weekend of all time by the looks of it. OW record is definitely a possibility as well.

Unbelievable.

And Day After Tomorrow's record should go down next weekend, too (IO with high 60s-low 80s for its range). Not to mention every weekend from June 26th to August 7th looks red-hot. $175 million+ DOM for the top 10 every weekend for the rest of the summer. July 2015 could go for the record (polar opposite of last July) 

If Memorial Day weekend and this last weekend weren't so lackluster, Summer 2015 would be locked to break the record. 

I didn't say that. I think it's tracking to open around 70m. My question was whether a 100m and a 70m movie could coexist in the same weekend.

Apologies, I misread your post

Just took a power nap and this is still wow. I need to get to the theater early tonight

Yeah I'm not saying they're equivocal in influence, just that this makes ID2 look a little more like a sure thing than it did before. Will Smith was big draw yeah, but I remember wanting to see it to see cities get destroyed by massive fireballs. If they can match that level of awe in the marketing (not easy) then they may just pull it off. 

Smith wasn't what he eventually became at that time. One thing against ID2 despite that is that he became more and more associated with that movie, and vice verse, as he kept blowing up and people remembered him in it.