K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Yes you DO need hard evidence, thats how the universe works. Common sense doesnt apply when you grossly over simplifiy the situation and dnt understand the full situation.

Plenty of things can affect BO gross, piracy after the run is ended isnt one of them. Terrible cam copies that are out of sync and unwatchable isnt one of them.

Download numbers simply dont add up, its that simple. As for why pay? Well the cinema offers an experience you cant get at home, thats why. Whats really hurts tickets? 50 inch TVs and home surround sound, media that is better quality than the cinema, and stupid ticket prices... and crappy movies.

Then cite your sources and post the data.

I'm genuinely curious to see where they go from here. 'The park is open and quickly goes to hell' card can only be played once, to a lot of money apparently, but they've also done the 'small group go back' story twice to diminishing returns. What could possibly be next?

50 Shades of Rex. Mr Rex will see you now

• Like 1

Building and selling cars with a specific, overlooked problem that killed people and then tried to deny it and cover it up?

It's been a very big story the last couple years lol.

The park would never get insurance to open - which was the whole reason Grant and co were there in the first place lest we forget.

I don't begrudge JW ignoring that because a functioning park obviously worked as a hook.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

Building and selling cars with a specific, overlooked problem that killed people and then tried to deny it and cover it up?

It's been a very big story the last couple years lol.

I've only heard about recalls. The stuff about them covering up junk will take years to untangle through lawsuits. I wouldn't compare that to the events in JP1.

Just to add some perspective, Pratt starred in a Marvel movie and a movie franchise that at one time was as popular as they come. Not taking anything away from him because he has Rock like charisma, no denying that.

Ford did SW, which would have been big with or without him, headlined Raiders, got an Oscar nomination for Witness, Blade Runner, then helped make smaller films decent sized hits (Working Girl, Presumed Innocent), then took over as super CIA neophyte, Jack Ryan then did the Fugitive.

Let's not put too much pressure on Pratt to be one of the biggest movie stars in the history of cinema,,,,,at least not yet.

one of baumer lol. I think ford is the biggest movie star in history. Pratt needs a brand name indeed to pull of numbers so far. The dude is still impressive, but no i dont think he will be able to reach tom hanks level , much less fords. Still pratt is becoming one of my faves. Jack is my favorite actor, along with ford and then hanks. Before mel fell from grace , he would be in this league fir me too. Also love sidney potier,densil,jodi foster,jessica lang, zoe saldana,julia roberts and the incredible. Sandra bullock
  • Like 1

Did they really? I don't remember giving Worthington a signle thought after watching Avatar. That movie was all about the effects, not the characters.

Clash of the Titans? Didn't even register.

I'm the same way, but the studio pushed him for a while after those two films made money, and then he quickly disappeared. Not that the same thing will happen to Pratt, since unlike Worthington, he starred in two good blockbusters.

Edited by Insidearcher

I'm genuinely curious to see where they go from here. 'The park is open and quickly goes to hell' card can only be played once, to a lot of money apparently, but they've also done the 'small group go back' story twice to diminishing returns. What could possibly be next?

Jurassic Wars.

I have to ask b/c this thread is too massive to go through: any Saturday updates? 

No, if there were, they'd be in the thread title.  

I've only heard about recalls. The stuff about them covering up junk will take years to untangle through lawsuits. I wouldn't compare that to the events in JP1.

I'm not making this up.

Its over and done with, go Google it please. We know what happened.

Edited by PDC1987

I'm the same way, but the studio pushed him for a while after those two films made money, and then he quickly disappeared. Not that the same thing will happen to Pratt, since unlike Worthington, he starred in two good blockbusters.

Pratt is a lot more comparable to Jennifer Lawrence than to Worthington, in that his off screen persona is very likable and draws a lot of fans in. Tons of sites are using his name for click-bait and running a new story about him every day. That's not the same as a studio pushing an actor onto the audience.

pratt is a better script analyser. Worthington in avatar was legendary. He was also good in the flop terminator salvation and he rocked in clash. The film was just horrendous in quality. Pratt couldnt save clash either. Lol

Then cite your sources and post the data.

Assuming you dont want to pay for the rreserch papers done over the last few years then one source is somewhere like Torrentfreak that posts charts of downloads. 95% of movies on those charts are DVD/BR rips and in the 100K range for downloads, its VERY rare for an active cinema release to appear.

Sure AOU did appear on the list a while back, but given that the quality of the files was akin to watching a VHS on an old CRT after you had dipped your whole head in vaseline, i doubt it had much box office effect.

pratt is a better script analyser. Worthington in avatar was legendary. He was also good in the flop terminator salvation and he rocked in clash. The film was just horrendous in quality. Pratt couldnt save clash either. Lol

Eh...

Well, Pratt has always had a good taste for scripts, even before Guardians happened. He was in Moneyball and ZDT after all.

Edited by Insidearcher