K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I think we're all just hoping for a 65 million plus Saturday.  That's not being greedy.

70 million would just floor us all.

The forum seems to be finally learning from past overpredictions. No one has claimed this changes expectations for any movie (apart from maybe Star Wars) so far.

• Like 2

Then let's get ready.

My gut tells me this movie is hitting $70+ million. The reports, the lines, the audience.

I want to be floored with Saturday's number.  Hope you are right.

• Like 1

So Jurassic World might take the domestic crown this year and Furious 7, the global crown.

Nobody saw that coming except for maybe some supergenius Universal exec.

And ExcelFTW of course.

• Like 2

Well, a few people who were really down on T5 now think it'll do okay.

No one is claiming a 100M OW or a 200M finish for it yet, so it hasn't got out of hand. The highest I have seen anyone claim right now is 75M over the 5 days, which admittedly is not getting it into the "way too crazy" overpredictions yet  :D

• Like 1

It's going to hit 70. Prepare yourselves.

Speaking of Keanu, there's one project worth mentioning: BILL & TED 3.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

If we don't get a bill and ted 3 all this 90s nostalgia bullshit will have been for nothing.

Don't get wrong I love crowd pleasing films that don't try to preach and simply entertain.

Still bewildering.

No novelty of Ta no dead actor like Tdk and no direct sequel to we'll liked movie Sm3.

Seems the x factor is famous brand nostalgia and Chris pratt

JP1 was bigger than all of those movies by a considerable margin. The fanbase is huge. Dinosaurs are more universally appealing than superheroes or anything else you want to mention. All of us just didn't want to accept that the franchise could come back to life like this.