K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

BOM decided to do a showdown between Jurassic World and Jurassic Park 3. For fucks's sake. 

Was gonna post about this. JP3 did 46M on OW and 180M in total, JW did 205M on OW alone. Totally makes sense. All Hail Lord Keith.

If it does 60 today, I think 27 is kind of low end for Monday. Could easily go over 30 in that scenario. But yeah, 300 in 7 days is gonna happen...seems appropriate for this dino-romp. Such a fun movie.

Not gonna lie, when the "need more teeth" scene happened and T-Rex showed up I got tears in my eyes. So glad they let T-Rex kick some ass. The Mososaur moment at the end was an epic cherry on top.

I felt the exact same way.  I described it (about 100 pages ago) as the same feeling I got when Rocky first cuts Drago in Rocky IV...pure adrenaline rush.

• Like 4

Yea, so?  An estimate is a guess and they are not even using any other film of this ilk to base it on.  Why wouldn't this drop closer to TDK's first Sunday or TA's first Sunday which dropped 18% in May, with kids still in school?

NBA and GoT finale. That is what I am afraid of. 

Is Saftey Not Guaranteed a great movie or a decent movie with a great ending?

I thought it was a nice movie.  

JW is fucking epic imo.

I'll take epic over nice any day.

• Like 1

So what you are saying is they are overestimating the drop, broken record? You sure you think it's overestimated? ITS OVERESTIMATED THAT DROP.

Yea, but so are you, in the other way.

• Like 1

This opening weekend was sorely needed by Hollywood just to show that superheroes aren't the only thing that can get big box office. Of course, now we will see nostalgia properties and creature features get greenlighted.

• Like 4

I felt the exact same way.  I described it (about 100 pages ago) as the same feeling I got when Rocky first cuts Drago in Rocky IV...pure adrenaline rush.

Exactly! Great comparison.

Also was cool to see Howard with the homage to Goldblum using the flare to guide T-Rex. Plus T-Rex teaming up with raptors was great given their rather hostile history with each other, haha.

Awesome ending and I really don't think they can do any better than this for a JP sequel.

• Like 3

1/ JW dom over JP2 + JP3 overseas (576M)?

2/ JW dom over JP + JP2 dom (586M)?

3/ JW dom over JP2 ww (618M)?

4/ JW dom over JP overseas (626M)?

5/ JW ww over JP + JP3 ww (1.351B)?

6/ JW ww over JP + JP2 ww (1.601B)?

1 & 5 should be the goal.

(For info, the JurassicPark datas of BOM don't count the 3D release of 2013 into the totals)

Edited by Gideon

NBA and GoT finale. That is what I am afraid of. 

I'm not.  Game of Thrones is still an HBO thing.  You have maybe 30 million people watching these things.  Sunday always has strong television shows, so big deal that it has these two tonight.