K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

So, is the OW record happening or not? Sorry if it has already been answered, but I don't have the desire to read through the last 60-70 pages.

according to rth and some other sites, yes, but there arguable needs to be an official confirmation

• Like 1

So, is the OW record happening or not? Sorry if it has already been answered, but I don't have the desire to read through the last 60-70 pages.

Both Deadline and rth say yes. But who knows, it might not happen. It depends on BKB and Lordmandeep's prayers.

• Like 2

Records are meant to be broken. Why feel bad if the movie you like is surpassed. I like The Avengers just as much as most Marvelites. But I would love to see the record broken by JW and that does not diminish what The Avengers has achieved in any way. Instead of getting upset, just enjoy the moment.

Avengers had an incredible opening and awesome run. Jurassic World just went from low 100 tracking to a potential 210 weekend. That is one of the craziest things we've ever seen in box office and it would seem appropriate if there is a new record to go with it.

• Like 1

Not officially, but both Rth and DHD think it is happening

All of us do.

We don't care about whether it broke the record in Canada though.

Reach harder.

However why not.

Why was it not as big here.

It's a question that has not been answered and makes no sense to me or anyone.

Won't it be amazing if it doesn't just get the OW record, but passes it considerably?

Anything above 212 would be just unreal.

Come to thing about it, anything would be amazing at this point. This is already beyond any expectation or hope.

Edited by JennaJ

Hi. 

Long time follower and reader

I love box office forums.

You get opinions so hard that people protect them like their children

Fanboys will not be moved from their love of that certain genre

When a movie opens over 50-60% OVER its estimate, you take your hat off to it no matter what

If it beats the record, please all Avengers fanboys, congratulate it.

Although the US opening used to be the biggest thing for a new movie, to the industry it is now secondary.

Furious 7 amassed $350m in the US. A staggering amount for it's genre. But it took £390m in China! $1.1bn overseas in total.

In fact if you look at the worldwide figures, the top movies have high 60%'s / early 70%'s overseas.

It used to be 50/50 or in favour of the US market. Not any more.

Whoever was comparing ET to Titanic's box office needs to compare apples with apples

You can't compare two movies box office 15 years apart. The industry had changed so much in that time.

• Like 6

However why not.

Why was it not as big here.

It's a question that has not been answered and makes no sense to me or anyone.

For the same reason that some movies will be bigger OS than DOM, or bigger in NY compared to LA.