K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

No worries, you are entitled to your wrong opinion, Tele :P But I bet on the consistency HP had. The fanbase was the most loyal fan base in movie history. Nothing comes even close. Even if it falls 80m from the DH2 OS OW, if it opens in China at the same time it will break the record. And it will. Mark my words. 

Is HP even in the movie, though? I have a hard time believing the film will post record-breaking numbers if he isn't even in it.

While we're at it, what's the most successful spin-off of all time?

You clearly don't know anything about the project.

"The third Jurassic Park sequel without any of the original characters or director is going to crush TA"

Don't even try it. The 3 leads were in every HP film and book and are integral to the core plot and story. Harry is literally the title character. The dinosaurs are the stars of JP. Different animal.

See, it's the tone of your post and the fact you're calling me a "moron" that makes me say stuff like this. You seem very salty to me.

What ever. JW won't make close to she same amount of money. Amazing how this ow happens and a slew of incompetence shows up.

But the dinosaurs have always been the main draw with the JP series. What's the main draw in HP-land, Harry and his friends, or the general universe?

Not to mention the park finally being open and 14 years of no JP as opposed to 5 for Potter. I do think Beasts will do well though. $300M+ DOM and $1B WW.

But the dinosaurs have always been the main draw with the JP series. What's the main draw in HP-land, Harry and his friends, or the general universe?

I would say the books were the main draw. 

Don't need to. DH2 held the OS and WW OW records for four years without China. I'm not salty at all. Glad it's happening to Jurassic World.

I don't need to big up Potter. It was the biggest and most consistent series of all time.

Consistent? Yes.

Biggest? No.

• Like 1

I think he meant that it is written by Rowling. Basically, you can't get closer to a perfect adaptation than that.

I'd still rather read it. And then have Stephen Fry read it to me.

Edited by lab276

What ever. JW won't make close to she same amount of money. Amazing how this ow happens and a slew of incompetence shows up.

JW already grossed more total than TA in China and opened bigger domestically. You can't count it out.

Not to mention the park finally being open and 14 years of no JP as opposed to 5 for Potter. I do think Beasts will do well though. $300M+ DOM and $1B WW.

I don't know if it will do 300M DOM I mean all most all HP only did 300M so why would a spin off do as good?

What don't I know about it?

That you can't read a book instead of watching the new film, because it's not a direct adaptation. Rowling wrote the script instead of writing a new novel, so the new films will be just as relevant to the canon of the series as the HP books. As opposed to the HP films, which are just someone's vision of the canon material.

My point in this whole thing is just...do not underestimate a project so easily. We are in the JW OW record thread, after all.

Right now Beasts is a wild card for me. It could smoke JW, Avengers and TDK "if" it gets the Harry Potter crowd and it looks awesome enough to stand on its own to be a major draw for the general audience. It could also flop if it isolates itself from the general audience and is too obscure or doesn't have enough connection to HP to draw the faithful