K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

What is more shocking is that Universal resisted the temptation of throwing the last 20 minutes into the marketing campaign. That is gonna give it even stronger WOM.

You wanna see I-Rex and T-Rex epic battle with a Raptor and a Mosasaur thrown into it? Well, you gotta pay!

I think almost everyone who saw Jaws in theatres would now be over 50, I'd say most would be over 60 actually.

Jaws was the first film I saw at the cinema and I'm not even 40. You seem to forget that movies stuck around in theatres for years back then, before home video. My kids love it too. A Jaws sequel/reboot if done well would have a big multi-generational audience.

Edited by Darth Homer

Sunday drop could be a lot better though, plus it's still early. For all we know it will end up close to 80 by the end of tonight. Could go the other way on these numbers as well of course.

Agreed, I just think looking at the May mega-openers for extrapolation is tricky here.

• Like 1