grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

Agree with the DMC comparison, but I think the ending of this one blows DMC out of the water. DMC had a somewhat controversial ending with the cliffhanger. The movie was also way too long at 2.5 hours.

Many, many people said the 2nd act of DMC dragged on. That's another thing that's not an issue with JW in regards to WOM.

• Like 1

Many, many people said the 2nd act of DMC dragged on. That's another thing that's not an issue with JW in regards to WOM.

Exactly. It's a pretty fast pace movie and is less than 2 hours when you take out the credits. And that ending is just phenomenal summer entertainment with one of the best splashes of nostalgia you could hope for in a franchise movie.

• Like 2

Isn't it $260 million + 20% or so with a 48% 3D share?

I figure the boost is around 15% and that includes IMAX plus premium large formats. A 48% 3D share would not provide 20% dollar boost. From what I remember Avatar's 80% 3D share boosted the gross by around 20-25% just to give perspective.

But even if you do give JP3 a 20% boost for 3D/IMAX, it comes out to $312m. I believe JP4 will blow past that number no later than Friday and there is a halfway decent chance it gets there by Thursday night.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

You know?

I noticed a formula that all the JP films have. And it's the kid-preteen characters.

The first one had Ariana Richards & Joseph Mazzello. The second one had Vanessa Lee Chester. The third one had Trevor Morgan.

Now this fourth one has Nick Robinson & Ty Simpkins.

Which ones did you like more?

The thing about the ending its big and epic but not overwhelming epic and huge like a certain Zack Synder film. 

You focus on what matter and really care. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

You know?

I noticed a formula that all the JP films have. And it's the kid-preteen characters.

The first one had Ariana Richards & Joseph Mazzello. The second one had Vanessa Lee Chester. The third one had Trevor Morgan.

Now this fourth one has Nick Robinson & Ty Simpkins.

Which ones did you like more

you know? I noticed another formula. they all have grown-up characters in them too. and an island! and dinosaurs! woah. so many patterns. it's like poetry.

• Like 4

I figure the boost is around 15% and that includes IMAX plus premium large formats. A 48% 3D share would not provide 20% dollar boost. From what I remember Avatar's 80% 3D share boosted the gross by around 20-25% just to give perspective.

But even if you do give JP3 a 20% boost for 3D/IMAX, it comes out to $312m. I believe JP4 will blow past that number no later than Friday and there is a halfway decent chance it gets there by Thursday night.

Awesome. And as I posted above I can't see it taking longer than 3 weekends to fly past TLW.