#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Aren't kids tickets cheaper though?

Yes and that was a point I tried to make earlier but it was swiftly thrown out the window by the guy predicting 150. Every time I have seen crazy sellout reports on here for animation movies it seems like the dollar gross never lives up to the sellout hype. And it's because of those kid ticket prices.

• Like 2

It won't even hit $70M with a $25M Friday.

Just thought I would warn everyone.

It's so early that it seems likely these numbers are on the low side. Last week for instance, JP4 went from 65 at 1 PM to actual of 82. Similar jump for Inside Out would put it with 31.5-34 for the day, which would put it on pace for 85-90 over the weekend.

It's so early that it seems likely these numbers are on the low side. Last week for instance, JP4 went from 65 at 1 PM to actual of 82. Similar jump for Inside Out would put it with 31.5-34 for the day, which would put it on pace for 85-90 over the weekend.

But IO's evening business will probably be well under the sort of jump JW got.

• Like 2

It is kinda destroying JW and San Andreas over here in many theaters... at night  :ph34r:

Are you sure?

How bout:

$28.72m (+61.2%)

$37.56m (+30.8%)

$30.68 (-18.3%)

$96.96m (-53.6%)

Does that drop seem too harsh?

First of all, it's June. Second of all, it's Father's Day.

Very unlikely the drop will be above 15%. I think most people would agree.

Maybe so and maybe those early DHD/HR projections will end up a lot closer than the folks here are hoping. Obviously a long way to go. I think 90 will happen but I'm not convinced it's headed to 110+ or something like that.

• Like 1

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jurassic-world-inside-out-box-office-1201524057/

Still no exact Friday numbers but Variety says 100 is possible for JW and that IO is somewhere in 72-74 range.

I have a feeling IO ends up closer to 80-85 when all is said and done but that's just a hunch.

Also, that 10 million number sounds a lot more reasonable for Dope, and just about where I thought it would land.  It had too much attention to only see a 5 OW as earlier reported.

Edited by RyneOh1040

Hollywood Reporter says 25-27 Friday for Inside Out.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-inside-headed-stellar-803802

Based on the sellout reports here, that sounds way too low.

25-27 Friday would be very frontloaded for Pixar, or animation in general. If it does end in that range, then it shows that Pixar have a major fanboy rush factor.

• Like 1

Well, people want to stay clear of the playgrounds, so they gotta go somewhere.

CJohn... this weekend is not a record breaking one. So beware any easy setups you provide.

yX3FjLx.gif

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

First of all, it's June. Second of all, it's Father's Day.

Very unlikely the drop will be above 15%. I think most people would agree.

I bet it drops less than 10% on Father's Day based on what Godzilla did last year (slight INCREASE) and Man of Steel in 2013 (sub-1% drop). However, I do not expect a very big increase today. Maybe around 50% or so. 25ish percent increase tomorrow. Then 5% drop on Sunday. Puts it at $92m weekend.

Edited by redfirebird2008