#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

At this point someone add Good Dinosaur to that list. 8th for the year. Now all we need are F7 to get re-released and America Sniper to be counted as a 2015 movie (and also re-released) and BAM!, Avengers in 10th. 

Don't forget, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation will overperform like crazy, and bam, AOU is out of the top ten. 

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

If Ant-Man fails to do 200M (something which I am not predicting btw) this forum will collapse. 

I thought everyone was predicting below 200m anyways? if it breaks 200m would be a nice surprise at this point.

• Like 1

Don't forget, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation will overperform like crazy, and bam, AOU is out of the top ten. 

Plus Pixels is gonna sell like crazy because nostalgia. AoU keeps dropping. 

Warner Brothers died pretty quick.

Warner Bros is having a good year though, with the exception of Jupiter Ascending and Hot Pursuit . their big films have been successful and they had the first breakout of the year with American Sniper which did $350m in January. The studios having lacklustre summers are Sony and Paramount although Sony and Paramount should do well with Pixels and Mission Impossible

Anything over 30M is fantastic for JW.

agree! 

I am hoping RTH gives us 35. Holding out hope.

I just think Inside Out will be a major hit especially in China.

"Marvel erosion" = $450m/1.3+ billion

You guys read waaaaaaaaaaaayyy too much into these things. Avengers 2 is not the juggernaut everybody 100% expected. It made lots of money, but not that much money.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but that was supposed to be the guaranteed "nobody does better" film of the summer. And it didn't do that, mainly due to the fact that the film went over slightly lukewarm with audiences.

Disney can still save it from possibly going off a cliff in the future as long as they stop overly obsessing on making the MCU so incredibly hard-to-folow that their movies become an absolute mess... aka AOU. 

Edited by goldenstate5
  • Like 1

Been going over this for ages and atm don't see how IO doesn't do 30-32 , in fact I had higher numbers but brought it down (actually had done same with JW last friday but it even went higher than what I thought the higher result might be)

JW going with 31-35 for now

• Like 2