#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

So surely this June is taking the record now right? 

Seen it 3 times already. Guess I'll shoot for 4. Man theres really something about that movie. Even though you know the twist, it still holds up very well with rewatch.

I only saw it once in theaters. Really excited to watch the reveal again.

Gone Girl was in my top 3 last year. Affleck is on a roll. Also kind of insulting it didn't get a best screenplay nod. Gillian Flynn wrote the hell out of that movie.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Okay, Water. I think the time for you and I to come face to face has come.

First of all, your grammar is disgusting. If you ever want ANYONE to take you seriously, you need to fix that atrocious grammar.

Second, of all the things you could have criticized and found an issue with this film, you pick this. Really, boo? Not the lack of POC in the cast? Or the fact that there is a good argument that a man caused the main female character to change for the better, etc.? Or the fact that a woman finally died on screen which breaks the trend of the trilogy? No, you pick this.

This actually fact and history. The dinosaur's name is actually that, and to shorten it is EXTREMELY realistic. And honestly, it is recommended. I mean, let's be honest, who in real life talks like that? As you saw with Claire about the name of the Indominus Rex, they had to pick a different name because the actual name was too long and hard to pronounce.

But no, they did to offend an entire people.

Fourth, I think it's extremely negative to paint yourself as the police for what is correct and not. You are exactly the issue that I try to stress today that you cannot nitpick everything. I understand that some things do require attention and do need to call out, and sometimes, the board here doesn't get that. However, what you do is counterproductive because you taint the image of those who actually try to cause change and really understand these issues today. This is not an issue, and I do believe this is someone trying to paint the success of JW negatively.

You come here, and nearly every time you do, you have something to criticize, nitpick, etc., and to me, that doesn't show someone who is really fighting for what is right. To me, that shows someone looking for attention and in the process, trying to dehumanize the struggles of people.

Finally I suggest you do some soul-searching because I am absolutely done with you.

6Z46pvo.gif

• Like 6

Trolling is not considered being on topic.

Just because I'm not on the JW train doesn't mean I'm trolling. At least I'm talking about the box office which is what this thread is for.

You said it wasn't going under $37 million. And I love Pixar, with few exceptions, so GTFO of here with that mess.

No I did not. Find that post and quote it, you won't find it. Now admit you were twisting my words and we can move on.

Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro

Imma pull out one part of Tele's post, since what he says otherwise is generally correct.

This is delving into the territory about intent. What you're effectively saying is that if someone does something offensive but did not intend harm, then we can't hold them accountable for their offending actions. And that's pretty terrible when you really consider it. Someone was hurt and the lack of intent doesn't mean that the hurt is somehow less.

For an analogy, say someone steps on your foot really hard, enough to cause an amount of pain and they keep walking, oblivious that they've done so. You call out to them that they hurt your foot and then they turn around and say that they didn't intend to do so, therefore it wasn't wrong of them. Kinda ludicrous, right?

Even if our actions cause harm without intent, we need to acknowledge that we have still caused the harm and endeavor to correct against repeating the behavior. If we're not doing that, if we're insisting that it is our right to be harmful and offensive without repercussion, then we're effectively saying that we have lost empathy for other people.

Now, discussions about causing harm tend to be fraught with difficulty. The methods of calling out problematic behavior are hard to navigate. But it still requires us to identify and point out said behavior.

However, if someone takes offense because they literally misunderstand a word, then it's not incumbent on me (assuming I said the word) to endeavor to correct my behavior. I can explain the misunderstanding, but there has to be a willingness to acknowledge heir misunderstanding. If I call someone "niggardly", for example, and they call me a racist, all that means is they don't know the definition and etymology of that word. I can point out the definition and background of it, but at that point my responsibility in the matter ends. It's a two-way street for all involved parties. Clarity and understanding are important to all of us as humans, and in some cases misunderstanding is literally the entire problem.

• Like 3

LOL T3 would make 200 million domestically today with inflation and Salvation would make 136 million domestically if released today. So even if Terminator Genisys only makes more then Salvation and not as much as T3 it still won't flop. How well Jurassic World is doing is a big sign that people will be checking out Terminator Genisys as well. The movies not going to flop, that theory was always stupid.

To say Jurassic World's success means Genesis will succeed is just fucking stupid. Inflation is something to consider, yes, but so is a dwindling audience. I also didn't realize Arnold was still a draw. Why? Cause he's not.