#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Honestly...as soon as Pratt and the raptor training scene shows up, the movie kicks ass the rest of the way. That's only about 15 minutes into it I think. It's just the third act is so very, very satisfying with the big dino romp climax.

Bryce Dallas Howard gets the best movie moment of anyone in a long time. Spectacular.

• Like 3

Honestly...as soon as Pratt and the raptor training scene shows up, the movie kicks ass the rest of the way. That's only about 15 minutes into it I think. It's just the third act is so very, very satisfying with the big dino romp climax.

I agree as well.

The movie starts off really slow, but about 20 minutes in, the ride starts.

Thank you!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who found the film thrilling. From the first two deaths during the inciting moment to the end of the climax, I was on the edge of my seat.

I legitimately had fear when the I-Rex was messing with the gyrosphere because I thought the older child had a legitimate chance of being killed. They seemed to make his character relatively up likable.

I think you and I viewed the film it was supposed to be viewed. The result? An epic experience that I'm tempted to pay $10 just to experience again!

I think there is a very vocal majority here who loved it, I've seen it 5X already.

Don't give me that shit Blue!

I agree with you bud, once that stuff happens that you mention, from that part on, it never slows down.  It's like in Temple of Doom, once Indy gets attacked in his room and he goes into the wall to look for the stones, Temple never lets up...same thing here.

I will forever defend temple of doom as one of the greatest action movies I've ever seen.

• Like 2

I would love if JW could some how pull a major upset and beat Titanic. 

JW was pulling an upset by beating POTC and JP1.

Just Googled "Summer 2015 box office predictions".  Here's what came up for JW:

EW: 295m

HitFix: 300m

Joblo: 285m

Slashfilm: None of their staff had it 1 or 2 (and one even had it #7!)

MSN: 300m

(I didn't include WW predictions, obviously.)

JW's OW was one of the most remarkable BO stories I've seen since watching box office in 1995 (RIP Marty Grove on CNN's Inside Hollywood segments!)  The record is clear that its continued performance is one of the most shocking tentpole overperformances in history.  Discounting BWP and MBFGW small budget shockers, this is rapidly approaching AVTR and if it continues, perhaps, even Titanic in terms of its all-around astonishment, from my personal perspective.

Thank you!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who found the film thrilling. From the first two deaths during the inciting moment to the end of the climax, I was on the edge of my seat.

I legitimately had fear when the I-Rex was messing with the gyrosphere because I thought the older child had a legitimate chance of being killed. They seemed to make his character relatively up likable.

I think you and I viewed the film it was supposed to be viewed. The result? An epic experience that I'm tempted to pay $10 just to experience again!

If you're only paying $10 you probably didn't see it on a big enough screen. Find the biggest one you can and see it again, haha. And y'all are right about the second act.

When the bird cage opens and we end up with the air raid, holy shit. Can you imagine being in a zoo with 20,000 people and getting attacked like that by a bunch of flying lizards with big teeth?

• Like 1

Bryce Dallas Howard gets the best movie moment of anyone in a long time. Spectacular.

Agreed.

The flare, her running in heels, her tank top, her sweat and her look, her entire look and attitude in that scene is a thing of legend. Add in Trex's glowing eyes and the look he gives IREX when they meet, it's just too epic.  It will go down as one of the best crowd pleasing moments in film history.

• Like 4

I will forever defend temple of doom as one of the greatest action movies I've ever seen.

Willie, we are going to die.

• Like 2

If you're only paying $10 you probably didn't see it on a big enough screen. Find the biggest one you can and see it again, haha. And y'all are right about the second act.

When the bird cage opens and we end up with the air raid, holy shit. Can you imagine being in a zoo with 20,000 people and getting attacked like that by a bunch of flying lizards with big teeth?

Not sure if you felt like I did but

I thought they acted a lot like gremlins in certain scenes.  Trying to carry off the baby Triceratops, landing on a grill and so on, they just reminded me of Stripe and the bunch.

• Like 1

Agreed.

The flare, her running in heels, her tank top, her sweat and her look, her entire look and attitude in that scene is a thing of legend. Add in Trex's glowing eyes and the look he gives IREX when they meet, it's just too epic.  It will go down as one of the best crowd pleasing moments in film history.

And then the Mososaur...dayum! That was like Hulk smashing the shit out of Loki.

Total crowd pleaser.

• Like 4

Buzz-Lightyear-Action-Figure.jpg

B, show me on the Buzzlight year toy, where John Lasseter, Peter Docter, Andrew Stanton & Brad Bird touched you.

It didn't ouch me anywhere, that's the problem.  I felt nothing.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

Yeah, I liked virtually all of it, but was just singling out the middle third in particular.  (Although I've read some legit criticisms - specifically of some contradictions concerning the villains - in the JW thread, which I'll keep an eye out the second time; we had the baby with us and had to take him out once, and also I had to go to the bathroom twice, so I missed at least five minutes of it.)