#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

It would still reach $500M even if it drops 70% next weekend.

It'll be lucky to hit 500 mill. WOM is horrible....i for one hated it all 5x i saw it. Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

Or maybe JW is the Smokey and the Bandit or Twister of its day. Audiences love it, huge box office, then everyone forgets about it in a few years time . . .

I really doubt that. Not when you have the final 30 minutes that this film does. I don't see it being forgotten anytime soon.

• Like 1

Even if it was to drop 50 percent every weekend from here on out not even taking into account the weekday numbers it will gross 500 million dollars. 600 in my opinion is pretty much locked.

TDKR made 64% of its money in 10 days. Even bumping that to 65% for JP4 due to Father's Day boost, you end up with $612m from a $398m 10-day total. Bump that a few million with actuals and it goes up even more obviously.

This movie has unquestionably better WOM than TDKR (which didn't have bad WOM, but JP4 is off the charts WOM). 600 is definitely gonna happen and we are getting close to Avengers' total of 623 being locked.

• Like 1

Even if it was to drop 50 percent every weekend from here on out not even taking into account the weekday numbers it will gross 500 million dollars. 600 in my opinion is pretty much locked.

I mean, yeah, another $100M+ weekend after banking just under $300M in the seven days prior. I'm personally starting to wonder if $650M+ is locked. And, if it somehow approaches $700M+ DOM, I'm starting to wonder if Episdoe VII will place just behind it DOM. This flick engaged middle America unlike most uber-blockbusters do. I'm curious if Episode VII does the same.

Let's not forget, Jurassic's going to have some very, very healthy holds during 4th of July stretch stateside. Not to mention, it's almost definitely grossing another $50M+ next weekend too. Hell, I'd say $60M+ isn't out of the question. It's now pathetically foolhardy to doubt the box office prospects of this juggernaut.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Well I guess the positive thing to this just like last weekend is that if it breaks the record tomorrow morning then we can be pretty sure it's legit. That would be two weekends in a row Universal has given up the chance to brag about a record on Sunday morning, which is where 99% of the box office reports come from in the media. They don't give a flying poop about actuals on Monday.

• Like 2

TDKR made 64% of its money in 10 days. Even bumping that to 65% for JP4 due to Father's Day boost, you end up with $612m from a $398m 10-day total. Bump that a few million with actuals and it goes up even more obviously.

This movie has unquestionably better WOM than TDKR (which didn't have bad WOM, but JP4 is off the charts WOM). 600 is definitely gonna happen and we are getting close to Avengers' total of 623 being locked.

What are the chances it beats Avengers 623m total? 

What are the chances it beats Avengers 623m total? 

Very good in my opinion. Its hold this weekend is just unbelievable given PIXAR released a $95m opener. I don't think Avengers would have hit $100m in its second weekend if it made an extra $25m on the weekdays, never mind having to deal with a $95m opener directly targeting its kid and parent demographic.

• Like 2

Pfft. I wouldn't bump it up to 65%. Jurassic's holding better than TDKR. Worst case scenario being that  it made something like 60% in 10 days. Again, it's going to hold up incredibly well next weekend. Then, it has the luxury of the 4th of July bump all movies get and July weekdays. It's not slowing down.

That said, not a bad comparison.