#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Did you guys read about the Hulk standalone movie thing? Check the Classic Conversation thread fore more details. Universal is trolling Disney really hard :lol: 

Of course it doesn't need to.

But it sure would be awesome if it passed Titanic.

We just want this epic run to continue. Honestly there's no other movie I see breaking out big until SW7, so I feel like this and Inside Out are the last huge breakouts for a while before a string of under-performers.

Minions, Pixels, Spectre, MJ2 and Good Dinosaur should all do well.

Same for Ted 2, MI5 and Compton

I find it hilarious when people speak in absolutes and no I am NOT trying to quote Star Wars but seriously when you speak in absolutes about what Star Wars can and can't do how can you possibly know at this point what Star Wars can and cant gross. Jurassic world Fast and the Furious there's all kinds of movies that have blown people's expectations out of the water even American sniper. Star Wars has a massive fan base and you have the big 3 coming back so at this point you have no idea whether it can pass jurassi or avatar or go beyond or make less. At this point it's fun to speculate but to speak in absolutes is ridiculous.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes

Edited by stripe

Minions, Pixels, Spectre, MJ2 and Good Dinosaur should all do well.

Same for Ted 2, MI5 and Compton

Oh yeah, forgot about Minions.

Don't agree with any of the others. I mean, some will do great (Spectre, MJ2, MI5), but I don't think they'll break out hugely beyond expectations.

Pixels, Good Dinosaur and Ted 2 I think will fall short of expectations.

But that's just MHO.

ERC just favorited my tweet when I said that our sources have Jurassic world is doing a 38 Mill Sunday lol

I bet people like Gitesh or ERC members come here to check Rth's numbers as well :lol: 

• Like 1

TDAT has an impressive opening. IO had an impressive open. It's not a competition.

I merely pointing out that as impressive as this weekend has been, its happened before. Lets not forget the past now, its the best way of comparing

As fun as this summer has been, I think Star Wars will be the most fun to track. A highly anticipated bound to be massive opener being released in December? No-one knows what to expect. Imagine what weekdays it could have.

• Like 1

As fun as this summer has been, I think Star Wars will be the most fun to track. A highly anticipated bound to be massive opener being released in December? No-one knows what to expect. Imagine what weekdays it could have.

I say it's about time a mega franchise was released in December (other than LOTR).