#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

With sick kids? His PR is top notch. 

He's been doing this thing for a while, it's not a PR move. The pics were posted by the hospital on Facebook.

Actor Chris Pratt, best known for Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy, took time out from filming his latest movie to visit with our ‪#‎AmazingKids‬ at Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital. Our patients were all smiles and we are so thankful to Chris for lifting their spirits by visiting and handing out Jurassic World goodies. Thanks to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals for coordinating such a special visit!

But whatever, I guess cynicism wins out with some.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 3

He's been doing this thing for a while, it's not a PR move. The pics were posted by the hospital on Facebook.

But whatever, I guess cynicism wins out with some.

But it does help his already positive image, you cant deny that. Every celebrity does it from time to time. I'd rather they use it for good causes like this anyway. 

I say it's about time a mega franchise was released in December (other than LOTR).

POTC 3 should have been released in December, it baffled me why they put it up against Shrek and SM3 in May, it could have probably won the year domestically with a December release.

Of course it's calculated PR, but if it makes the children in the picture happy it's hard to complain. As a movie star I'd rather do that than yet another sterile press junket.

I don't care if it is PR. Not everyone actor does it. Besides, it makes people in those places very happy. It is a special day for them. I fully support actors doing this. 

• Like 2

POTC 3 should have been released in December, it baffled me why they put it up against Shrek and SM3 in May, it could have probably won the year domestically with a December release.

I do think Pirates got the short end of the stick releasing third of that bunch. I remember standing in line for it and hearing a mom/son tell me that they were extremely disappointed with Spidey/Shrek. I wonder how many moviegoers who were turned off by the first two decided it simply wasn't worth spending more money that month on another big sequel with mediocre critical reception.

But it does help his already positive image, you cant deny that. Every celebrity does it from time to time. I'd rather they use it for good causes like this anyway. 

That's not why he does it though. Making it sound like some calculated PR is so cynical to me - it's like saying you don't believe a person could be kind enough to want to make a sick child happy.

Besides, he stole his wardrobe from Guardians and JW specifically for the purpose of visiting kids in costume and cheering them up (and he's done that quite a few times already).

• Like 2

While they were at the Tyrannosaurus Kingdom getting ready to watch the T-Rex chomp down on the goat, the brother looks bored by the whole thing and so engrossed in his smartphone that it annoyed me.. In real life, no one would be bored of this park whether they created a New Dinosaur or not..

It's a beast.. Still processing it from seeing it late night last night..

yeah he was bored but, he started having fun after they saw that water creature

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 2

While they were at the Tyrannosaurus Kingdom getting ready to watch the T-Rex chomp down on the goat, the brother looks bored by the whole thing and so engrossed in his smartphone that annoyed me.. In real life, no one would be bored of this park whether they created a New Dinosaur or not..

The image of a child bored by a T-Rex was one of the few things I liked about the film (supposedly that was Trevorrow's pitch to Spielberg), and I wish they played that up with other visitors more. The fact that most of the park shots displayed huge crowds in awe of these animals kind of detracted from the central premise of needing the I-Rex.

• Like 4

I didn't notice any product placement in Jurassic World until I read about it online.

Maybe cause they're American companies that aren't relevant in the UK?

Theme parks have lots of sponsors anyway, so it's not a problem. Our nearest theme park has rides sponsored by national newspapers, drinks etc. The tallest roller coaster here is called "Pepsi Max: The Big One".

• Like 5

I didn't notice any product placement in Jurassic World until I read about it online.

Theme parks have lots of sponsors anyway, so it's not a problem. Our nearest theme park has rides sponsored by national newspapers, drinks etc. The tallest roller coaster here is called "Pepsi Max: The Big One".

:rofl:

I think the only one that was really bothered by it was Gopher, and it really is pretty much what you'd expect in any kind of tourist trap, especially one on a secluded island where there aren't any other places for people to go to find those stores.

A roller coaster in mall of America is called the Pepsi Max and Nickoleon sponsors the theme park in the mall of America :sick: