#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

If they were going to fudge they would have done it already. Wednesday was a great candidate. Only $105,000 short of $20m, which would have tied the record for most consecutive days above $20m.

Shhh, you're being a blind fanboy. ;)

ED, CJohn are pretty fair in their predictions & have a lot of experience in tracking the action. You instantly dismiss their points PDC because of how blinded you are sorry but it's the truth.

Ed and CJohn have both been conservative throughout the film's entire run. I'm conservative myself and I think it gets to 100. It's not an unreasonable projection at all.

Ed and CJohn have both been conservative throughout the film's entire run. I'm conservative myself and I think it gets to 100. It's not an unreasonable projection at all.

100M are still possible. The 2nd weekend record just seems like something impossible. Everything would have to go super right. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

ED, CJohn are pretty fair in their predictions & have a lot of experience in tracking the action. You instantly dismiss their points PDC because of how blinded you are sorry but it's the truth.

You're the one who started the JW $100 million 2nd weekend thread lmao.

It is fact that it is still possible for JW to break the record, that's what I'm saying.

IO is a stronger film with the Pixar brand. JW's success was a fluke and it's crumbling against stronger competitors. TA will keep the rest of its records.

Crumbling?

And you're honestly saying JW is gong to fall 90% today and not break the 9 day, 10 day and fastest to 350/400/450 etc records?

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 1

100M are still possible. The 2nd weekend record just seems like something impossible. Everything would have to go super right.

If it has a chance to hit 100M, I don't think 103 will be that far of a stretch. That being said, I'm guessing it falls JUST short of 100 (98)

• Like 2

IO is a stronger film with the Pixar brand. JW's success was a fluke and it's crumbling against stronger competitors. TA will keep the rest of its records.

Crumbling is a strong word :lol: 

Finally!

Movies in this summer are heating up BO-wise.

Not like the boring last summer where we only had one $300M DOM grosser.

Assuming a reasonable multiplier of 4ish for Inside Out we're going to have four movies above 300 million this year and not one from 200 - 300 million. That's a remarkable distribution.

An important point. :D It just keeps doing stuff that no one expects.

I'm pretty sure I predicted $75m OW, $200m total (if that) so yeah, wayyyyyyyyyy off lol. I'm fine with it though, always learning about what is truly big in our pop culture. Neglected the massive hype from the original for some reason in figuring this out.

again a few hours before RTH will give us approximate estimates of Saturday, then we will be smarter :)another fantastic week at the box officewhich for 2015 :)

Try more like 10-12 hours.