#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I've NEVER seen a theater so crowded on a Friday afternoon as I saw for Inside Out. Not for The Avengers, not for The Hunger Games, not for Age of Ultron, not for Jurassic World. This thing's doing $150 million this weekend.

Is this a serious post?

First of all, the theater could be crowded based on combined efforts of IO and JW, not IO all by itself. Second of all, the animated OW record is Shrek the Third with about $122M. No way does an original animated film break that record by nearly $30M, regardless of your theater being an outlier.

• Like 2

$75 million would be good for IO. $90M would be GREAT, but also unlikely even at this point.

Please don't overhype yourselves, people. I want Pixar to succeed but its stuff like this that gets people disappointed over numbers that are otherwise really good.

• Like 4

Is this a serious post?

First of all, the theater could be crowded based on combined efforts of IO and JW, not IO all by itself. Second of all, the animated OW record is Shrek the Third with about $122M. No way does an original animated film break that record by nearly $30M, regardless of your theater being an outlier.

Shrek The Third came out in 2007 and didn't have 3D or current ticket prices. Adjusts to $144m without 3D.

Well, that was short lived. Bon voyage, dinos! Safe travels on your journey to $600M+ DOM. But, now, we move onward and upward with Inside Out and Ted 2.

Please tell me this is a joke post.

It's not even 3 PM on the east coast, for goodness' sake.

Shrek The Third came out in 2007 and didn't have 3D or current ticket prices. Adjusts to $144m without 3D.

Oh, you're right.

Great point! $150M OW for IO is now a lock! Heck, $200M might be in play!

Edited by superduperm

Is this a serious post?

I'm talking about the inside, where they showed Inside Out. There were more people in the audience than there were for Toy Story 3, considerably more.

Oh, you're right.

Great point! $150M OW for IO is now a lock! Heck, $200M might be in play!

Jurassic World's opening weekend record is obviously going down, and it's only been a week.  :P  :D

Edited by Insidearcher

Jurassic World's opening weekend record is going down, and it's only been a week.  :P  :D

The OW record? That's it?

I mean look at those two Tweets posted in this thread! That's enough evidence for me! $250M OW confirmed!!

• Like 1