#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

YES IT WAS

To be fair, $42 million Sat and Sun gives JW a $113 million 2nd weekend

Ted 2 is a hard R comedy so JW should get a good hold.

$69 million would be a 37-38% hold. It could happen since Ted 2 isn't direct competition. But that'd also mean $547 million after 17 days!

Holy crap, that's great for both. We're looking at 2 100M+ OWs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

34.2M

35M

31.5M

100.7M OW for IO, with similar multiplier as previous Pixar greats, we're looking at 400M+ total as well. 

29M

42M

40M

111M for JW. Shattering the record from TA1. At this point, 600M is a done deal and potentially, it has a shot at 700M maybe even Avatar, holy crap.

I want to believe these will happen but... They're just so optimistic. This is assuming upper ends of Rth's ranges come true (they didn't yesterday) and FD drop is the best drop it could possibly be for each film.

Not saying it's impossible, it's just that these are basically best case scenarios.

To be fair, $42 million Sat and Sun gives JW a $113 million 2nd weekend

Ted 2 is a hard R comedy so JW should get a good hold.

$69 million would be a 37-38% hold. It could happen since Ted 2 isn't direct competition. But that'd also mean $547 million after 17 days!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. 

Note: this Sunday is Father's Day, so i wouldn't say Shatter...

Given that it burned $25m more demand during the week? The fact it's even close to TA1 with another $95-100m movie this weekend is ludicrous. TA1 got a free run (as did TDK) with very little competition.

• Like 4

I feel like nobody knows what a plot hole is sometimes. 

A plot hole or plothole is an obvious mistake or missing element in the plot of a fictional work, such as a film, book, or play.

Given that it burned $25m more demand during the week? The fact it's even close to TA1 with another $95-100m movie this weekend is ludicrous. TA1 got a free run (as did TDK) with very little competition.

Yep, this run is clearly more impressive than TA's or TDK's (very impressive in their own rights, not trying to put them down). Anyone who argues otherwise is just fanboying

• Like 4

Jurassic World wasn t a CGI fest ?

Of course it was, but that is exactly what I walked in there wanting to see. CA2 sucks you into this really cool conspiracy story and then goes full superhero wham bam in the third act. Still probably in my top 3 Marvel movies.

• Like 1