#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Why? If it really does have a $105-110 million 2nd weekend against direct family comp, the possibility of a $70 million 3rd weekend when legs really start to kick in against no comp is one to consider.

Yep, this run is clearly more impressive than TA's or TDK's (very impressive in their own rights, not trying to put them down). Anyone who argues otherwise is just fanboying

And when it comes to Internet nitpicking, I think a big part of that is the announcement of a film. JP4 was received with a lot of negative buzz from the very beginning. Stuff like Avengers and TDK was ultra hyped by the fans as soon as it was announced. This movie is overcoming all the negative bullshit and the WOM is clearly off the charts with ticket buyers.

• Like 2

Omg guys since Rth said it was trending to the high end we can reasonably assume that will end up higher and be at arouund 45M.

Now since tomorrow is Father's day it'll stay completely flat at 45M

29+45+45 = 119M

assuming it'll have an Avatar-like hold next week we should end up with around 107.8M for the third weekend. However this is JW we are talking about and it could defy expectations and end up even higher with the potential to increase over this weekend.

This should theoretically cause the rest of the summers movies to move back to next year due to fear of JW and it should have an easy run to 3 Trillion DOM $$

• Like 2

Omg guys since Rth said it was trending to the high end we can reasonably assume that will end up higher and be at arouund 45M.

29+45+45 = 119M

assuming it'll have an Avatar-like hold next week we should end up with around 107.8M for the third weekend. However this is JW we are talking about and it could defy expectations and end up even higher with the potential to increase over this weekend.

This should theoretically cause the rest of the summers movies to move back to next year due to fear of JW and it should have an easy run to 3 Trillion DOM $$

If only your sarcasm were funny..

29+45+45 = 119M

i'll take it!!!11  shepspends.001.gif

• Like 2

And when it comes to Internet nitpicking, I think a big part of that is the announcement of a film. JP4 was received with a lot of negative buzz from the very beginning. Stuff like Avengers and TDK was ultra hyped by the fans as soon as it was announced. This movie is overcoming all the negative bullshit and the WOM is clearly off the charts with ticket buyers.

The internet nitpicky bullshit never matters, I think that's been firmly established over and over. If the movie's a crowdpleaser it'll please crowds

• Like 1

Yep, this run is clearly more impressive than TA's or TDK's (very impressive in their own rights, not trying to put them down). Anyone who argues otherwise is just fanboying

At the time or in retrospect? I'm not a 'fanboy,' but TDK at the time was wildly impressive and uncharted box office territory. I'm not saying one is more impressive than the other, but one can't understate how insane TDK was in July 2008. I felt the same way with TA and now JW. These are ALL monumental achievements in box office.