#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

But Eddie's death actually had a specific point in the sequence: he was the one rescuing the others and when he died their situation went from bad to worse. His death had a direct, visceral impact on the key characters in the movie.

In JW, none of the was the case. It was basically the death of an extra, with much extra time/effort spent on the brutality of it.

Lady was just doing her job (though not a good one).  Should have done it to Jimmy Buffett or something, would have made it more funny.

• Like 3

But Eddie's death actually had a specific point in the sequence: he was the one rescuing the others and when he died their situation went from bad to worse. His death had a direct, visceral impact on the key characters in the movie.

In JW, none of the was the case. It was basically the death of an extra, with much extra time/effort spent on the brutality of it.

I didn't like Eddie's death. I enjoyed the JP4 death you're complaining about. It was awesome, lol.

• Like 2

So a $105M weekend is possible? That would be a sub-50% drop, which is awesome since no film in the top 20 OW's had a sub-50% drop second weekend. Sure some people will call it cheating because of the Father's Day inflation, but who cares, still an amazing feat for any huge film.

Gong a bit over or under Saturday gives it $107 million

I'm not nearly as invested in the original or the concept so perhaps that's why the nostalgia stuff didn't have a lot of meaning to me.

Jurassic Park is my 2nd favorite movie and the nostalgia didn't effect me much and cause me to like it much more.

• Like 1

So a $105M weekend is possible? That would be a sub-50% drop, which is awesome since no film in the top 20 OW's had a sub-50% drop second weekend. Sure some people will call it cheating because of the Father's Day inflation, but who cares, still an amazing feat for any huge film.

Based on the "cheating" thing, TA1 "cheated" with those deflated weekdays. $25m difference is not chump change and it absolutely affects the weekend potential. By all rights JP4 shouldn't be making this kind of money after it burned so much demand during the weekdays.

• Like 2

I'm not nearly as invested in the original or the concept so perhaps that's why the nostalgia stuff didn't have a lot of meaning to me.

I actually think the first one is an absolute classic, though I don't have a whole lot of nostalgia for it, since I didn't really watch it several times as a child. Though it still blew my mind. 

One thing I've appreciated about the Jurassic Park sequels, specifically 2 and 3, good or bad, is that it the characters are basically running around in a wild jungle, rather then a theme park gone wrong. Makes it interesting and different.