#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

The hilarity that would ensue if Inside Out ends up having Finding Nemo legs and grossing $450-500 million, effectively bumping AoU to 4th place for the year domestically.

Imagine -

- Jurassic World has been colossal, 450+

- Star Wars is huge, 450+

- Inside Out has astonishing legs, 450+

- Mockingjay has a strong finale boost, 450+

- Avengers ends up 5th for the year

• Like 2

The hilarity that would ensue if Inside Out ends up having Finding Nemo legs and grossing $450-500 million, effectively bumping AoU to 4th place for the year domesticall

And Spectre or Mockingjay Part 2 outperforms, knocking it to 5th. This would be hysterical.

Imagine -

And I laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh...

Imagine -

Minions and Bond open to 150m+ with decent legs. AoU ends 7th for the year. :P

• Like 1

The hilarity that would ensue if Inside Out ends up having Finding Nemo legs and grossing $450-500 million, effectively bumping AoU to 4th place for the year domestically.

AOU has no reason to pity itself.

How many years have 4 or 5 movies over 450 m?

• Like 1

Imagine -

- Mockingjay has a strong finale boost, 450+

The only way it would be better is if it was Star Wars at fifth and The Avengers at fourth.

• Like 1

Minions and Bond open to 150m+ with decent legs. AoU ends 7th for the year. :P

At this point someone add Good Dinosaur to that list. 8th for the year. Now all we need are F7 to get re-released and America Sniper to be counted as a 2015 movie (and also re-released) and BAM!, Avengers in 10th. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

AOU has no reason to pity itself.

How many years have 4 or 5 movies over 450 m?

I was talking about fanboys. Disney and Marvel certainly have no reason not to laugh.

Damn this is an exciting first half of the year at the BO! Now we know why 2014 sucked so hard...everyone was saving all their money to spend left and right for this year's slate.

Summer 2014 still depresses me.

"What's coming out this weekend?"

"Nothing worth seeing."

"...is Guaradians of the Galaxy out yet?"

"August."

"...what."

I seriously wonder if Disney is considering possibly scaling back Infinity War into one movie now.

If not, and Ant Man underperforms, they need to really make sure Civil War is actually, y'know, good

I don't know... There good but not great movies tend to better than there best films.

I seriously wonder if Disney is considering possibly scaling back Infinity War into one movie now. 

If not, and Ant Man underperforms, they need to really make sure Civil War is actually, y'know, good

Hell they might even cut out Ant Man if he has any scenes in Civil War if it poorly performs. 

I am not excited for Ant Man at all. . . .and I've been hyped for all the other MCU.

I'm calling it now, Man From UNCLE over Age of Floptron

If Ant-Man fails to do 200M (something which I am not predicting btw) this forum will collapse. 

If not, and Ant Man underperforms, they need to really make sure Civil War is actually, y'know, good

The hyperbole on this board is insane sometimes. It still made 1.4 BILLION dollars. So what it didn't hit the originals? It still made them major bank. There will be separate movies. Even at 800m WW its profitable for them.

• Like 1