#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

Soo...this current June total is 935M. Thats 150 million higher than the next June! 2013 at this point was at 782. June 2011? Was at 652M. Damn 2011 was a dire year. But even with only 4 weeks, this June record looks pretty much locked. 150 million lead is a big one.

• Like 2

So everyone's expecting maybe 12-15 for JW, but what about IO?

Maybe 10-11 I'd guess.

Edit: Actually probably $12+. MU managed $11 after an $82 weekend and less positive wom.

Edited by AplandRey

My assistant editor hated JW too! I feel vindicated. (A little.) :lol:

Most of my friends either hated it or don't want to see it. The response reminds me a lot of American Sniper for some reason, in that WOM among most people is incredible and there's some minor population that can't stand the movie. 

• Like 3

Jurassic World Daily:

$402,800,095Dom. Gross To Date:
  Date Daily Gross Jun 21, 2015 $38,361,540 Jun 20, 2015 $39,112,465 Jun 19, 2015 $29,114,435 Jun 18, 2015 $17,822,580 Jun 17, 2015 $19,895,470 Jun 16, 2015 $24,342,515 Jun 15, 2015 $25,344,820 Jun 14, 2015 $57,207,490 Jun 13, 2015 $69,644,830 Jun 12, 2015 $81,953,950
Facebook Index   Date # Likes Jun 22, 2015 7,143,139 Jun 21, 2015 7,105,816 Jun 20, 2015 7,070,430
Twitter Index   Date # Tweets Pos:Neg Ratio Jun 22, 2015 59418 7:1 Jun 21, 2015 140337 12:1 Jun 20, 2015 123964 13:1
Website Comments   Date # Comments Pos:Neg Ratio Dec 31, 2013 10 2:1 Dec 30, 2013 10   Dec 29, 2013 19 1:1
Trailer Views   Date # Views # Ratings Jan 11, 2014 24,129,730 44845 Jan 10, 2014 24,118,374 44825 Jan 09, 2014 24,095,246 44784
<script type="text/javascript"> //</script>

Forget Sunday, it's Saturday to Saturday hold is awesome.

DH1 to DH2 added 3D and had the nostalgia effect. MJ2 will increase but not by a large amount

MJ1 did 40m more than DH1 though, and THG has proven with all 3 films to be nowhere near as frontloaded as Potter was. Yet look how close DH2 still got to 400. And only the first Potter tops THG and CF's admissions. It couldn't be more obvious to me MJ1 was a fluke. Bad year at the box office, bad marketing, and part 1 syndrome combined for an unfortunate decrease. MJ2 on the other hand has both the finale effect and a great year at the box office on its side. Now if it can just get the marketing, it will definitely be huge.

My brother hated Jurassic World as well. Well he said it was "whack" and was very disappointed with the climax. He told all his friends in his inner circle to see San Andreas instead.

They did.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

My mom who barely goes to the movies did go to AS(liked it) and thought about going to JW but backed out.  She's not into those types of movies. 

Dad and sister liked it though

Edited by DAR

MJ1 did 40m more than DH1 though, and THG has proven with all 3 films to be nowhere near as frontloaded as Potter was. Yet look how close DH2 still got to 400. And only the first Potter tops THG and CF's admissions. It couldn't be more obvious to me MJ1 was a fluke. Bad year at the box office, bad marketing, and part 1 syndrome combined for an unfortunate decrease. MJ2 on the other hand has both the finale effect and a great year at the box office on its side. Now if it can just get the marketing, it will definitely be huge.

Hopefully the marketing will be good. Definitely seems better than MJ1 so far. Plus, MJ2 will have a lot more to offer in the promos as a lot more happens in MJ2 compared to MJ1.

Yep, I like TA2 but the ending is nowhere near the crowd-pleaser that TA1 was. Hulk in particular just doesn't get as much of a chance this time to shine. He was so amazing in the first one. JP4 has plenty of chill-inducing moments in the climax that are similar to the Hulk Smash stuff in TA1.

No question, the final fight between T-Rex, I-Rex and "Blue" was just epic and as entertaining as Hulk rag-dolling Loki or I'm always angry line that led to the circle shot. Nostaglia was just so strong with T-Rex standing alone at the end.  :D

My Mom hated JW, and typically loves the summer blockbusters. 1 of my 4 friends who have seen it hated it too and 1 was ambivalent towards it. So I don't think it's being universally liked or anything. Yet that box office doe....

Nothing is universally liked. TDK had its share of haters. God knows Avatar and Titanic did but look at their legs (WOW).

• Like 1

No question, the final fight between T-Rex, I-Rex and "Blue" was just epic and as entertaining as Hulk rag-dolling Loki or I'm always angry line that led to the circle shot. Nostaglia was just so strong with T-Rex standing alone at the end.  :D

And...

That flare! A great nod to Goldblum's character in JP1.

• Like 1

I like JW and all, but nothing about it can compete with anything about TA1 for me. If I could go back and relive those opening week screenings I saw of TA I totally would. They were just so much damn fun.

I loved JW, my parents also liked it a lot. The few people I know that saw it also liked it (which is 3 people, nobody here goes to the movies, as you guys know). 

Difference between MU and Inside Out is that nothing else besides Illumination is gunning for families the rest of the summer. MU was hit by Minions but then lost its remaining theaters to Turbo or whatever came out in 2013, whereas there's nothing left this summer. IO and Minions will coexist fine. I'll take a hit OW but I don't see a real concern. 

Fourth of July weekend is completely all IO's. DM2 got the 4th and that hurt MU a lot more, so I think Disney really has it made in the shade.

IO isn't guaranteed an earth shatteringly awesome multiplier to begin with, regardless of wom or the Minions. It was as front loaded as TS3 on OW despite not being a sequel. It opened as big as it did because it was the first big animated film in months and the first Pixar film in 2 years.

Even if it's frontloaded, the worst multiplier it could get realistically would still get it well over $200 mil, which is pretty much the barometer of Pixar success domestically. Plus, like I just said, it has the cozy July 4th weekend all to itself.

• Like 1