#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

92-93 was a great time to be a kid. Batman Returns and Jurassic Park. The toys...oh man, the toys for those two movies!

Yep, and add in the 90's cartoons for the kids. My childhood was great.  :D

• Like 1

But did you grow up with an N64 and PS2? Nope.

Actually, kinda lol. Remember my neighbor across the street with the N64 and the James Bond game. Played the heck out of that every day after school. I did get a PS2 for Christmas one year and snuck in my parents' closet to find it. My mom was pissed when I told her, hahaha.

• Like 1

All these people hating JW. Im starting to be convinced its the same 20 people just seeing it over and over and over. That or Spielberg is funnelling money to Universal.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

All these people hating JW. Im starting to be convinced its the same 20 people just seeing it over and over and over. That or Spielberg is funnelling money to Universal.

Nah, at the very least, there's genuine curiosity, even from people who might not have seen it normally. Combine that with the rabid nostalgians, and there you go.

All these people hating JW. Im starting to be convinced its the same 20 people just seeing it over and over and over. That or Bill Gates is funnelling money to Universal.

It's not that hard to believe though just judging off of critics and people here. There are a fair share here not liking it and a fair share of critics not liking it. Also IMDB score isn't stellar either. I think it's a movie that is very easy to go see in the summer and kids as well as nostalgia are helping it a lot. I don't think it's being as widely loved as some other big box office hits though, despite the numbers. If anything I think there's a lot of people out there that are liking not loving it, but that's been enough to drive the business combined with those other aforementioned factors.

It's not that hard to believe though just judging off of critics and people here. There are a fair share here not liking it and a fair share of critics not liking it. Also IMDB score isn't stellar either. I think it's a movie that is very easy to go see in the summer and kids as well as nostalgia are helping it a lot. I don't think it's being as widely loved as some other big box office hits though, despite the numbers. If anything I think there's a lot of people out there that are liking not loving it, but that's been enough to drive the business combined with those other aforementioned factors.

Dead Man's Chest, though I think WOM is better than that one. At least it doesn't have that stupid ass cliffhanger like DMC, plus it's an easy watch at less than 2 hours excluding credits. DMC is 2:20+ without credits.

• Like 1

Dead Man's Chest, though I think WOM is better than that one. At least it doesn't have that stupid ass cliffhanger like DMC, plus it's an easy watch at less than 2 hours excluding credits. DMC is 2:20+ without credits.

As I said, I think the majority are definitely liking it. I'm not convinced the majority are loving it is all. I think it's that whole nostalgic parents of the original taking their kids phenomenon that is truly driving the insane business. Pretty much exactly what happened for TPM. That movie didn't need amazing WOM to be huge.