#ED

Monday Actuals: JW - 11.5M | IO - 10.4M

Even better.

Is 900m OS possible?

I think it should happen. We are at 610m after 13days (12-11 for most markets) and it still has japan with atleast 25m left. It should easily make 250m more in the remaining markets.

• Like 1

Looks like JW will win the BO crown domestically, and FF7 will win internationally for the year...until (maybe) December.

I wonder what Disney's response will be if that happens:

giphy.gif
Edited by Queen Shar

^^ JW might take the WW crown, depending on how well it holds up. Could be very close but if it gets over 900 OS it "only" needs 620 domestic to match F7's total. Many here seem to think it's headed higher than that.

around 13 mill sounds great!

HP2 had 6,5

TA1 had 8,5

AOU had 6

PotC2 had 7,5

TDK had 9,6

All these aren't even comparable in the farthest to JW any more. The only one above that can be used for comparison is TDK and that too only in terms of percentage increases and decreases amd not the actual numbers.

Totally agree. :)

Gotta wonder though...how come Marvel haven't released their movies in December or February? Two much less competitive months and enough room to build legs.

Actually, now with JW's huge domestic lead, thanks to summer weekdays, I am starting to wonder if the notion that a movie everyone wants to see could be released at anytime of the year. Perhaps AOU could have done better if it was released after Memorial Day. But then again, the movie was lackluster.

All these aren't even comparable in the farthest to JW any more. The only one above that can be used for comparison is TDK and that too only in terms of percentage increases and decreases amd not the actual numbers.

But you can't even use the percentages either. I tried that last week and it backfired. Mid-June is very different from mid-July. Even taking out a $7m boost from Father's Day, it still hit $99m after $87m weekdays. TDK made $80m weekdays and $75m weekend.