baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Tele, do you know which editors still edit/cut old school, on film ?

I guess, Tarantino, Scorcese & Nolan editors maybe ...

Before digital & Avid, editing was a very different job I believe ...

Pretty much everyone cuts digitally. Tarantino's editor was Sally Menke.... Before her death, I heard her talk during an Oscar editor nominee event: she would cut on Avid and when Tarantino wanted to screen a reel, her assistants would conform a film work print for the screening. But she cut on Avid.

Nolan's editor, Lee Smith, also cuts on Avid. So does Thelma Schoonmaker (Scorseses's long-time collaborator), so does Michael Kahn (Spielberg's)... etc etc. In terms of Nolan and Tarantino, they may still do film conforms, but that's the negative cutter -- it's a technical conform, not a creative process.

I've never seen that one and I thought I've seen all but the newer fantasy island ones.

It was the pilot episode, reconfigured into a two-parter by shooting some new footage and expanding the story out. So part 1 was shot about five months before part 2 (more or less). (Actually, there was an even earlier pilot, shot a year earlier when the show was a somewhat different concept, but that never aired).

• Like 5

Jurassic World:       14.7

17.0 (-26%)    54.7 (-48%) Wknd

Inside Out:             14.9

16.8 (-22%)    53.4 (-41%) Wknd

Ted 2:                      13.2

8.2 (-28%)    32.8 OW        

Spy                          2.1

2.4 (-30%)    8.0 (-29%) Wknd     

San Andreas:            1.4

1.6 (-30%)    5.3 (-36%) Wknd

Great holds across the board, coming from an inlfated last weekend. Spy laughed hard in Ted's face.

Edited by picores
  • Like 8

How anyone can be disappointed by that Inside Out number is beyond me. A 41% drop for an animated movie that opened at 90m is excellent. At this point it's going to pass Up, and 300m+ is basically locked. 

• Like 8

New USA? Ooh, did the South finally secede again?

That'd be great, wouldn't it?  All those people in "flyover country" who are homicidally hated by the rest of the country.

The South in the USA is like making Saudi Arabia or Israel a US state, that must submit to USA laws and culture.  The hubris of the Empire.

those numbers are excellent :) I'm happy Jurassic World is continuing to dominate. 

Do you guys think it could make more than Terminator next week  :ph34r:

Considering Terminator will probably burn off demand from being released on Wednesday, I'd say it's very likely.