baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

I think what's hurting Ted 2 more than anything else is losing Mila Kunis, who was the "straight woman" to Marky Mark and the bear's silliness. Even Rebel Wilson needs Anna Kendrick and Zach G. needs Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms to counterbalance their goofy antics.

• Like 1

Too bad, it s her best movie and it will become a classic in the action/comedy/spy spoof genre.

I know. I was actually shocked that Spy underperformed. Sure it's not flopping, but I thought a 40m opening weekend was possible. I guess Tammy really did an effect on McCarthy's fanbase. 

I think what's hurting Ted 2 more than anything else is losing Mila Kunis, who was the "straight woman" to Marky Mark and the bear's silliness. Even Rebel Wilson needs Anna Kendrick and Zach G. needs Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms to counterbalance their goofy antics.

I think the lack of Mila Kunis didn't made it bleed over half of his audience. I really don't understand why she didn't came back for the sequel. 

• Like 2

I think the lack of Mila Kunis didn't made it bleed over half of his audience. I really don't understand why she didn't came back for the sequel. 

I suppose shew wanted to spend more time with her newly born child. I don't blame her honestly, even though her last film, Jupiter Ascending was a box office flop.

Edited by Insidearcher

What are people gonna say when Magic Mike XXL beats T5 next weekend? Another fun week is coming.

Meanwhile we wait 2 hours until Rth blesses us again. 

• Like 2

Maybe she didn't want to come back or Seth didn't feel like working around her pregnancy/writing it into the script.

What are people gonna say when Magic Mike XXL beats T5 next weekend? Another fun week is coming.

Meanwhile we wait 2 hours until Rth blesses us again. 

yes, the looooooong wait for RTH

• Like 1

Ted 1 had 4 multiplier and sold a shot load of DVDs so this performance is truly baffling

It was clear for the last week it wasn't going to break 50. Not hitting 40 though is surprising. I blame the lazy, lazy marketing canpaign that brought no new hook to a sequel. MacFarlane is falling fast out of the public spotlight.

• Like 2