CJohn

Tuesday Numbers | Inside Out - 6.4M; Jurassic World - 4.8M; Terminator Genisys - 4M; Magic Mike XXL - 3.2M (Actuals Page 13)

35% w/ Minions opening? Lol sure man, think you way underestimate the crossover.

Last weekend was deflated by the fireworks holiday on Saturday and huge soccer ratings on Sunday. I also suggest you look at the Universal holdovers from JP4's opening weekend. There will be fudge in JP4's favor this weekend. Notice anything suspicious with Pitch Perfect 2 or Fast & Furious 7?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2015&wknd=24&p=.htm

Last weekend was deflated by the fireworks holiday on Saturday and huge soccer ratings on Sunday. I also suggest you look at the Universal holdovers from JP4's opening weekend. There will be fudge in JP4's favor this weekend. Notice anything suspicious with Pitch Perfect 2 or Fast & Furious 7?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2015&wknd=24&p=.htm

Last weekend had a boosted Friday off an already boosted Thur hence the sub -19% FRi-Fri for JW

Edited by TalismanRing

If it drops 35% then it's going to rocket past $650m & Titanic (unadjusted+rerelease) no ?. I think the holiday impact is negligible based on JW Monday Tuesday holds, we will see.

the biggest drop on the weekend after 4th july in 2009 was 42% from transformers3 and 45% PE.. the rest dropped less than 33% Edited by Mike Wazowski

If it drops 35% then it's going to rocket past $650m & Titanic (unadjusted+rerelease) no ?. I think the holiday impact is negligible based on JW Monday Tuesday holds, we will see.

I don't think you can judge anything based on JP4's weekday performance. It's a weekend kind of movie for whatever reason. It has repeatedly overperformed on weekends compared to its weekday numbers.

the biggest drop on the weekend after 4th july in 2009 was 42% from transformers3 and 45% PE.. the rest dropped less than 33%

Wtf are you talking about? TF4 dropped 56% when July 4 was part of the weekend last year, do you mean when July 4 was specifically a Saturday?

Wtf are you talking about? TF4 dropped 56% when July 4 was part of the weekend last year, do you mean when July 4 was specifically a Saturday?

He meant Transformers 2 in 2009 when July 4th was a Saturday.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2009&wknd=28&p=.htm

Bruno and I Love You Beth Cooper were not exactly providing a knockout punch like Minions will this weekend, but JP4's weekend is proof of the sellout spillover effect having a positive impact on other films. And in the case of studio holdovers there will be some fudge. JP4 and Ted 2 should both benefit a lot from Minions opening.

• Like 2

I don't think you can judge anything based on JP4's weekday performance. It's a weekend kind of movie for whatever reason. It has repeatedly overperformed on weekends compared to its weekday numbers.

I think you can. For an example, the inflated weekdays helped support the huge second weekend/ridiculously small decline so agree to disagree.

I think you can. For an example, the inflated weekdays helped support the huge second weekend/ridiculously small decline so agree to disagree.

Do what? Based on the weekdays no one was expecting it to hit $100m second weekend. On Friday, Ed was asking everyone how the hell it would get to $100m from a $29m Friday. It got there because of Father's Day kicking butt to the tune of a sub-2% drop from Saturday's gross.

He meant Transformers 2 in 2009 when July 4th was a Saturday.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2009&wknd=28&p=.htm

Bruno and I Love You Beth Cooper were not exactly providing a knockout punch like Minions will this weekend, but JP4's weekend is proof of the sellout spillover effect having a positive impact on other films. And in the case of studio holdovers there will be some fudge. JP4 and Ted 2 should both benefit a lot from Minions opening.

still even after HP6 holdovers held pretty well too
  • Like 1

Do what? Based on the weekdays no one was expecting it to hit $100m second weekend. On Friday, Ed was asking everyone how the hell it would get to $100m from a $29m Friday. It got there because of Father's Day kicking butt to the tune of a sub-2% drop from Saturday's gross.

But that doesn't really have anything to do with this particular upcoming weekend. It may perform tremendously... it may also start to act more normally, given that it's slowly leaking theaters.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1