CJohn

Tuesday Numbers | Inside Out - 6.4M; Jurassic World - 4.8M; Terminator Genisys - 4M; Magic Mike XXL - 3.2M (Actuals Page 13)

How is that exactly? I'm sure studios care even more about OS grosses than ever, statement is totally subjective.

Because having the #2 Domestic title is nice title to boast around.  JW is already gonna be #3 WW easily so I don't think Universal really cares that much about their other movie F7 falling just short of TA WW.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

My Jurassic World showing today was fucking packed. I think some people were actually turned away from Inside Out and had to see Jurassic World... I think that pretty much describes their entire runs: if Jurassic World is sold out, guess you're seeing Inside Out OR if Inside Out is sold out, guess you're seeing Jurassic World!!

• Like 1

In terms of pushing a movie past an arbitrary finish line, it almost always comes down to money: is it gonna cost more to expand into additional theaters / re-release in a limited pattern / re-advertise / etc than simply letting it finish beneath the amount in question?

In terms of pushing a movie past an arbitrary finish line, it almost always comes down to money: is it gonna cost more to expand into additional theaters / re-release in a limited pattern / re-advertise / etc than simply letting it finish beneath the amount in question?

Especially when said movie has blown past every expectation that anyone had for it times infinity.

I think they are gonna switch it all over to Minions now and let it ride on that one.  

Really? They didn't make sure that F7 beat Avengers WW, I don't see why they'd make the effort here.

F7 did beat Avengers ww. BOM has outdated numbers. It's at 1,520,593,707. If you're talking about domestic, then Universal won't be able to do anything there. There was 0% for it to beat Avengers domestically.

Edited by kowan

In terms of pushing a movie past an arbitrary finish line, it almost always comes down to money: is it gonna cost more to expand into additional theaters / re-release in a limited pattern / re-advertise / etc than simply letting it finish beneath the amount in question?  PUERTO RICO

That looks better. :P

• Like 1

F7 did beat Avengers ww. BOM has outdated numbers. It's at 1,520,593,707. If you're talking about domestic, then Universal won't be able to do anything there. There was 0% for it to beat Avengers domestically.

Until there's a fucking announcement, I kinda doubt it.

• Like 1

My Jurassic World showing today was fucking packed. I think some people were actually turned away from Inside Out and had to see Jurassic World... I think that pretty much describes their entire runs: if Jurassic World is sold out, guess you're seeing Inside Out OR if Inside Out is sold out, guess you're seeing Jurassic World!!

I'd like to think the current BO climate is just people telling ticket vendors, 'my kid likes Pixar and she likes dinosaurs, do you have any tickets for either?'

• Like 2

Meanwhile TG says, hey plenty of nice seats in here.

• Like 3

F7 did beat Avengers ww. BOM has outdated numbers. It's at

1,520,593,707. If you're talking about domestic, then Universal won't be able to do anything there. There was 0% for it to beat Avengers domestically.

There was an error from some OS BO source where the OS cume was reported as $1.169 billion instead of $1.160 billion, I am pretty sure it was a typo. BOM had the info for less than 24 hours, then they corrected it back. Universal has the $1.160b OS total. Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Their marriage is about to be broken by Minions.

There was an error from some OS BO source where the OS cume was reported as $1.169 billion instead of $1.160 billion, I am pretty sure it was a typo. BOM had the info for less than 24 hours, then they corrected it back. Universal has the $1.160b OS total.

Which is more reliable btw, The numbers or BOM? The numbers seem to show more BO info including dvd/bluray sales and even updates international gross every day and not the just weekends.

Theater and screen count is the biggest challenge, but again I think the fudge from a huge opener in the same studio will help a lot. F&F7 lost almost 25% of its theater count but jumped almost 39% in weekend performance due to fudge from JP4's massive opening.

There was a mix, 

Drive-in where it was part of double-Triple feature, Drive-in where it was single, discount houses and regular cinemas still playing

• Like 1

How big are your theater's auditoriums?

Edited by WrathOfHan

There was a mix, 

Drive-in where it was part of double-Triple feature, Drive-in where it was single, discount houses and regular cinemas still playing

So you're saying it was some very sticky fudge, even stickier than that jizz you were telling us about a few weeks ago. :lol:

Until there's a fucking announcement, I kinda doubt it.

FF7 just open in dollar theaters here in Georgia this past weekend, and had a great turn out for all 3 days. While it's still making money, Universal won't update until it has officially topped TA1 WW!