CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

It's natural to want to see something you liked succeed, but it's really unfortunate when success alone isn't enough, and it has to "beat" some imaginary rival.

Inside Out was great IMHO and I'm happy for the success it's having.

Anyone who's upset that it's not gonna make as much money as JW, FF7 or possibly Minions is just letting the box office race ruin their perception of what "success" is.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

It's made zero records and will soon slip into oblivion. The definition of mediocre.

Still the highest grossing OW for an original movie ever. That's a record. It'll make over 300 mil and probably the second-highest grossing Pixar film ever.

Like, I get that people are all mad about other people who post nonsense like, "Ugh I want IO to win over Minions or it doesn't count!!" but you don't have to act like a two-year old in return.

• Like 1

I don't know why my post is being quoted out of context. It was a direct response to a comment that states he wants IO to "win" - which I'm assuming is at the box office. I simply stated that with the box office numbers it has, it's not going to "win" much.

Where does quality come into any of this?

I don't know why my post is being quoted out of context. It was a direct response to a comment that states he wants IO to "win" - which I'm assuming is at the box office. I simply stated that with the box office numbers it has, it's not going to "win" much.

You said it would "slip into oblivion and is the definition of mediocre"... mediocre quality or box office that still makes no fucking sense because IO's run is extremely impressive.

• Like 1

Fantastic Mr. Fox made 15x less than Shrek 3 and yet the world keeps on turning.

I can't think of a better animated movie than Fox and a worse animated movie than Shrek 3, to be honest. 

• Like 2

you did equate bo and quality (see below) :P . I agree with you that fanboyism and rooting against Minions so IO can gross more is  annoying.

Oh yeah of course because movies that make $300 odd million at the box office are all time greats.

You said it would "slip into oblivion and is the definition of mediocre"... mediocre quality or box office that still makes no fucking sense because IO's run is extremely impressive.

In terms of records. "Winning" something has to do with records, right? He used the word "win" not me. It's not my fault IO hasn't "won" against JW and F7.

It's box office run is mighty impressive like you said, as long as you leave the phrase "win against JW and F7" out of it. The whole comparison was made out of context

I can't think of a better animated movie than Fox and a worse animated movie than Shrek 3, to be honest. 

Frozen is better than Fox and Toy STory 3 is worse than Shrek 3.

ku-xlarge.gif

• Like 1

you did equate bo and quality (see below) :P . I agree with you that fanboyism and rooting against Minions so IO can gross more is annoying.

My bad, I should have said *all time box office greats. Yes I do acknowledge that there's a difference between "all time greats" and "all time box office greats"
  • Like 1

In terms of records. "Winning" something has to do with records, right? He used the word "win" not me. It's not my fault IO hasn't "won" against JW and F7.

It's box office run is mighty impressive like you said, as long as you leave the phrase "win against JW and F7" out of it. The whole comparison was made out of context

...it's still has won records. Highest original IP OW is a record. Highest second-place OW is a record. The film has broken records. Period. You can't just say "well fuck this it's shit because it hasn't won anything worthy"... like you're just playing to the same exact level. Don't do that.

Shrek 2, which I didn't like is better than Toy Story 3.

How to Train your Dragon is better than TS3

Most animated films are better than TS3.