CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

TG, MMXXL, and Ted 2...

Do any of these have a chance at hitting 100 m?

I want MMXXL to make it, just to show some unprecedented stamina after everyone thought it had blown over.

• Like 1

So there's two films against about 15 others.

But Shrek the Third is the most accurate comp to Minions. Both are heavily anticipated threequels to crowd-pleasing franchises with meh reviews released in the summer

With a 130-140m OW, a 2.6x-2.8x isn't that crazy. Especially with Ant-Man/Pixels taking some families away.

A 3x-3.2x is likely, but definitely not a lock if it does $120 million+ OW.

Edited by mahnamahna

You might want to reserve that comment for New Yorkers :P , bit like IO big on WC and evenings

Right at the same time I posted. So 45M OD is real?

I'm glad that the OW record for animated movies is still alive for Minions after all.

But WTH happens to that "UNI is going to fudge JW with Minions $$$"??? You guys got my hope up for nothing. Not cool, man. :lol:  :lol:

Funny Minions can effects other movies that hard considering JW with it's bigger opening didn't have that much effect on the holdovers.