CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Can't believe how fast Ted2 is fading. I thought it'd do at least half of the original even with the much lower OW. Is the movie that bad?

Eii......not really. I mean, the audience reception on this is better than Hangover 2, and the critical reception is either kinda mediocre or just okay.

It's just that not many people was that excited about it. It's okay for some people....but it doesn't fully scream "This is the must see of this summer".

• Like 1

Yeah. I agree that Bond and Star Wars, really are the 2 definate candidates for the "$1B" mark.

I don't know about Bond, Skyfall seems to have been the perfect storm. 50 year anniversary of the franchise + Olympics + epic theme song. Spectre won't have any of that (except maybe theme song since I don't know who's doing it).

• Like 1

I don't know about Bond, Skyfall seems to have been the perfect storm. 50 year anniversary of the franchise + Olympics + epic theme song. Spectre won't have any of that (except maybe theme song since I don't know who's doing it).

China will make up for it, since Skyfall only made almost $60M over there. Considerate increase in China.

Can't blame the GA. Most mainstream horror is garbage.

That's a matter of opinion.

I thought The Conjuring was boring, yet it was a smash hit.

The Green Inferno is the only non-supernatural horror left for the rest of the year. Actually it's the ONLY non supernatural horror of this whole year.

But it's from Blumhouse sub division and headed to 1,000 theatres.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

Can't blame the GA. Most mainstream horror is garbage.

I just watched Maggie tonight. We liked it quite a bit, but that was never going to be a hit.

We followed it up with The Lazarus Effect. Not horrendous, but definitely not good. Easy to see why it got a more commercial release than Maggie though.

I have seen The Green Inferno :-)

Also, if anyone here saw Paranormal Activity long before it came out, would you have thought it would get a wide release?

When they were doing the "Demand It" campaign and I watched that trailer. Yes. I had a feeling it was going to do well. But I thought "Open Water" level. Didn't expect it to be the phenomenon it was. I love that film.

• Like 1

PA1 and PA2 are bone chillingly scary imo. Three is decent and then four and five jumped the shark. But this new ones..hopefully the last....looks awesome and if they finally explained everything I'll be very happy. I guess we need another revival of the horror genre.

• Like 1

That is a big ass banana for Minions.

And that is one legendary meltdown by Blanks. I guess if he lived over here and see the massive animation turds that are put in theaters he would kill himself.

• Like 1

PA1 and PA2 are bone chillingly scary imo. Three is decent and then four and five jumped the shark. But this new ones..hopefully the last....looks awesome and if they finally explained everything I'll be very happy. I guess we need another revival of the horror genre.

TIME TRAVEL!!!!!! :rofl:
  • Like 1