WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Giving the exact same jump/drops as last weekend, IO and JW get 12.0 and 11.7m respectively.

For JW to beat IO this weekend, it will need to close the gap to 0.1m with official numbers.

It depends, actually. Add some few digits in the ten thousands and the totals could be different. If let's say JW got 3.545 and IO got 3.65 then JW will have the higher total.

Edited by kowan

I honestly couldn't care less about another cookie cutter Marvel superhero movie.

Jurassic Park 5 and Furious 8 will at least offer something different. Another gimmick!? Please. I'd rather have another gimmick for JP and FF every few years than another Marvel gimmick every 14 days. I wonder when they're going to run out of animals and insects for their future superheroes.

Er...In case you didn't already realize, they are not making up superheroes, they are making films based on Established SuperHeroes from their comics.

And 'another Marvel movie'? What do you mean by that? All these movies are totally different apart from the fact they have superheroes. They all have different characters with different origins, different powers, different villains, from different times and even from different worlds. Just because they are all superhero movies and are mostly slightly comedic doesn't mean they are 'all the same'. Its the jurassic Parks and the FFs that are the same. All FFs have the same characters (with some additions and removals along the way) and all include the same car chasing/racing and stuff. Similarly all Jurassic Parks have almost the exact same base plotline. The MCU movies are much more varied and different than both those franchises. And I am not saying that coz I like MCU. I do like it but I also like the JP movies. I am just saying what I honestly feel to be the case/truth.

• Like 8

This will mark the first day Minions grosses less than IO. I thought we have to wait till the end of week 2 for that.

Yeah, I too thought that would happen only by this wed-thursday, and even that would have been bad. But this movie almost got under it yesterday!! In its very First Week after an opening weekend 26m above IO's!! What more would you want as a proof of bad WOM, and the fact that most of the fan base saw this within the first 5 days and so its gonna start dropping big very soon?

Edited by Infernus

I gotta admit I was wrong on Trainwreck. Mid 30's is pretty solid, was expecting more like $22. Not jumping on the "Schumer is A-list goddess" bandwagon yet though.

Her show viewership still isnt nothing to write home about and her Movie Awards hosting romp was the least watched in years. Not saying theres not a bright future, but im not sure Trainwrecks $35 mil can all be attributed to her. T-wreck should have solid legs though. Tracking it vs Spy will be fun.

Just remember the initial TV broadcast figure is only a fraction of a TV show's total audience nowadays.

Yeah, I too thought that would happen only by this wed-thursday, and even that would have been bad. But this move almost got under it yesterday!! In its very First Week after an opening weekend 26m above IO's!! What more would you want as a proof of bad WOM, and the fact that most of the fan base saw this within the first 5 days and so its gonna start dropping big very soon?

In worst cases it will earn around 340-350 million.

Yeah, I too thought that would happen only by this wed-thursday, and even that would have been bad. But this move almost got under it yesterday!! In its very First Week after an opening weekend 26m above IO's!! What more would you want as a proof of bad WOM, and the fact that most of the fan base saw this within the first 5 days and so its gonna start dropping big very soon?

Disaster. DM3 cancelled. A franchise film so obviously it's more frontloaded? Nah, it's just shit. Yeah.

• Like 1