WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Friday increases have gotten better bcos of thursday being subdued due to early previews. But saturday increases depend on the time. July increases for family films will be weak as kids are off school. Adult films do slightly better. So with 16m friday Minions would do 22m saturday and 17m sunday at best. That would mean 55m 2nd weekend.

• Like 1

It's still early as Gopher said. But keep in mind TA1 was at $618m with fewer than 125 theaters (and its run was basically dead) when Disney expanded it to over 1700 theaters. That expansion boosted the gross by $5m. I do not expect Universal to do anything like that for JP4 unless it can legitimately get to $655m on its own.

It definitely can with a 12m 6th weekend. As you said though, it is still early. 3.5m today isn't set in stone, but JW and IO have almost always done nothing but go up from early guesses.

It's not looking that bad, but I am not rushing out to see it either.  I had a chance to see it last night, but I passed so I can see it for free this weekend :P

75  I need you to beeeeee .. .The Antman!!! :P. Yep waiting till next week to see it also and proably watch Terminator Genisys again.

:D

• Like 1

It definitely can with a 12m 6th weekend. As you said though, it is still early. 3.5m today isn't set in stone, but JW and IO have almost always done nothing but go up from early guesses.

I am hoping the Ant-Man/JP4 double features at the drive-in will help it. Not sure it really got as much of a boost last weekend as we all expected. Plenty of drive-ins had Inside Out with Minions instead (and they still do). My local drive-in has Minions/Inside Out and Ant-Man/JP4.

• Like 1

Did you see Inside Out yet?

Hey Hey Ethan buddy.. I have to check your message to me as well.. Sorry been working a bit but Im back my brother.

I will check it out.. I rem you really telling me its good and you liked Nemo right and Incredibles which I thought was Pixar at its best.

Wow Hard to believe the 1.5B or more that Furios 7 will make will likely get surpassed by JPW and by the same company.. NOw minions hits and could be a billion dollar movie as well.. What the hell Universal is on Steroids.. Passes 5Billion WW... Wow  who has the record Fox?

• Like 2

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Part 1 needs to come back and regain the throne.. If not Part 1, then Part 2 for sure..

GlbK94p.jpg

Very  Possible BKB.. I still think their best chance to surpass JLA and potentially the biggest yet in Batman vs Superman

is to do Planet Hulk Storyline :).. What do you think? Oh after seeing trailer 2  for Bats vs Supes.. Are you taking it back that

DOJ could potentially get to 500-600+M Domestic as well and over 1.4B WW?

So 60 + million opening for Ant Man seems locked? 

Lord Vegita did you go see the special release  with the American best voices for DBZ Gods II Movie with Freiza. DBZ finally hits American

Theaters. I just dont know if it happened already or is coming up!!.. Also holy s@@@t on JP Smashing through 600M like butter.

The Dinos are trying to break Camerons hold on the 1 and 2 all time domestic spots... But Cameron hasnt adjourned yet lol.

Titan must hold Damn thee to helll(Even though IM about through the roof on JPW destroying everything)

ONly SWs stands in its way... Will the Force  bow to the Idominus and fellow Jedis be carted to the hospital in disbelief or is SWs the wildcard that could break Titan and maybeeee just Maybe(Naaah I wont even put that thought into power in the universe) Nothing breaks

Avatar besides Avatar 2 dammit!!! lol

Ant-Man: 32.3%

Trainwreck: 24.7%

I have been a big booster of Trainwreck, but I never thought it'd get this close to Ant-Man in presales.

I know it's a long shot but I would not be surprised if Trainwreck's 2nd weekend beat Ant-Man next week.

You're ignoring your comps. Look at Pixar movies. Look at the other Despicable Me movies. 45-50% isn't happening. It hasn't happened.

And your pigeon holing it. 45% will happen.

• Like 1

So 60 + million opening for Ant Man seems locked? 

I think so,  but JPW and Amy Schumer the power is still strong between the monster and the lil trainwreck that could my friend..

Its pretty much  nearly a lock and the potential for 70-80M still is in the cards for Antman.. Wow another great start for Disneys unbreakable marvel Lineage... DC needs to close ground. I like the battle for movie universes to be closer hah hah. Though over all DC wins, but right now Marvel is Top Dog.. And looking to have success on TV and online like DCs Smallville, Flash, Arrow Lois and Clark too.. Go disney :D..

Ethan, Red Bird, Lord Vegita, BKB. Make sure you marvel fans all watch DD series on netflix. Agent Carter reruns are online on ABC and Agents of Shield. :)

• Like 2

No.. I'm standing my ground and remaining firm on BvsS making 165-180M OW and a finish around 450M Domestic.. I'm not budging and thinking over my head with this...1 thing is certain: Disappointment is inevitable if people keep predicting too high for it...

Or it could be like we said the new breakthrough.. Rem Golden age  , Silver and 80+ yrs of Anticipation. The SM effect today

with the amount of fans young and golden that worship supes and batman and ww.. .Could be jaw droppingly enormous.

Definitely could even make less than 450M if a dissappointment BKB, but if its good in the league of our SM2, Avengers 1, TDK...

Oh shit..... I think deep 600M and beyond could happen and that top comic law dog number of 1.5 B WW surpassed. Though JLA is more likely  to do it.

There should be some more headlines coming JW's way, since it's going to go over 600 dom and 900 OS (which, naturally, also takes it over 1.5B WW) by the end of the weekend.

I really hope Titanic is still in sights, but since it's already done so much more than anyone expected, I'd rather just not expect that to happen and get blown away if it does. I don't think it's a sure thing or even close to it.

Edited by JennaJ